• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2240 Project

Started by slivershooter, August 03, 2013, 05:12:53 PM

slivershooter

I finished moding my 2240 last nite. Very pleased with the outcome. May make a walnut stock yet with some sore of twist to it. I shot it in this morn and put 10 rds in the target. Had 2 flyers that I called. The red dot and my eyes are not friends.  ???  The muzzle brake takes a bit of the bark out of it and my trigger polishing job is awesome.
I am a Christian, I am an American. I support the 2d Amendment and I am proud of it.

arkmaker †

Nice looking shooter! Did you make the grips and forestock? Looks nice  :-* :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

bgmcgee

Very nice. She turned out well. :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

chongman

Very nice looking pistol. It's cool to see something new and unique like your forearm.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

BigErn

Very unique looking pistol  :-*

breakfastchef

Pistol looks very nice! The brass bits are classy. Work with the red dot and you two will shoot well together.
Larry

Trophyhunter49

Great lookin shooter RON. You really did a great job on making those grips an ALL that BRASS BLING you add to it!   Great job! :) :) :-*

targettgii

Very classy build Ron like the furniture. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

slivershooter

Thanks guys. I love working with the Black walnut. I'm always looking for it when I'm out and about. So far I've been lucky. I can never get enough of it.
I am a Christian, I am an American. I support the 2d Amendment and I am proud of it.

KevinP

Very nice job ... !!!!!!!!!!
Kevin
Albany, New York

crossliner

soolio

Nice work! The forearm kinda looks like a shortened Backpacker forearm.

airriflenut

Very nice mod!!!  She sho nuff is petty! :D

I also am having issues with red dots lately, 7 years ago I had a bad reaction to a medication.  I went from 20/20 both eyes to 20/2500 in less time than the call to 911.  Acute Narrow Angle Closure Glaucoma.  They had to lase drain holes to get my eye pressure down from 65 to the normal 18.  Legally blind for nearly 3 weeks.  Anyway, back to the red dot, since the "eye issue" my eyes change focus regularly...one day a nice bright red dot, the next day a blurry red dot.  Such is life.

I am a woodturner and love black walnut as well, gorgeous wood and it turns easily and finishes well.  I'm a wood freak all the way!!!  You did very nice on the wood my friend, very nice.
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

mrb02334

Very nice build, love the wood.
Jon

Randall Wells

" I don't need no arms around me, and I don't need no drugs to calm me.I have seen the writing on the wall. Don't think I need anything at all "