• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Any magical mod to increase power AND get more shots per powerlet?

Started by wahoowad, August 04, 2013, 07:29:14 PM

JEBert

QuoteWhat about the 2300KT?
None of the KT's I have received have had the volume-reducing part in the valve.  I added one and then couldn't get it back out.  Not a problem though, as I have in a 2300KT with a 10" LW .177 match barrel and get around 70 shots.  I only use it for paper and plinking.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

arkmaker †

Ok, did not think the cs guns came with one, so then is adding one with a 13xx hammer spring and a longer barrel a viable option?

Tell you what, my Outdoorsman is set up that way, minus the spring. I will run it over the chrony for fps and shot count when I get a chance. Then add the spring and repeat tests. May be a while before I can get to it, so if anyone wants to jump in and test, feel free...
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

cherokeesteve

Quote from: AZAG on August 05, 2013, 07:50:27 PM
Does the 2240 respond well to angleing the exhaust port and similar mods to smooth the path out of the valve to the pellet?  Those are standard mods for pumpers, I'm not sure about co2.  However every time the gas goes around a sharp corner it loses energy so smoothing that path will allow the same amount of gas to hit the pellet with more energy.

This definitely helps (since I was angleing the exhaust port I went ahead with the full metal jacket valve mods, cut off extra threads, milled out id larger, milled flats on probe, polished/rounded off port seal). ofcourse this dropped my shot count down, which is not what the original poster wants. But just angleing the port should help, and replacing the stock transfer port with nylon tubing which has a larger ID should also help, more to do with that project like opening up barrel port and counter boring around barrel port for nice seat/seal with the tubing. What CO2 you have going to the pellet, restrict as little as possible. This is probably more work than the op wants to do, and a longer barrel would be the easiest way to go to get more fps with keeping shot count where it's at. Just out of curiousity, what's exactly the desire to increase the fps? Is more humane kills for pest control what you're looking for?
I'm like a lactating mother...I don't mind pumping

1377 w/green dot/laser, 2240 modded, T4 modded, 2289 modded, M4-177 modded, 2400 KT in CO2 and HPA.

wahoowad

Quote from: cherokeesteve on August 06, 2013, 02:52:57 AM
Just out of curiousity, what's exactly the desire to increase the fps? Is more humane kills for pest control what you're looking for?

The gun just felt like it fired better, and hit the rats with more authority near the top of the shot count. I like the sound of a wadcutter smacking rat flesh closer to 500 fps.  :-\

Mark5043

"If this has been mentioned already,forgive me as I missed it".As was stated Power,and increased shot count are exclusive.But you can obtain a good balance of both.With a longer barrel,you'ed up your power,while at least keeping your shot count.You could also fine tune your power level with an adjuster to be more efficient.If you wanted max power,tighten your adjuster to coil bind,and back it off until you can cock,and fire your gun.That would be your max power..BUT not a very efficient use of that power.If you see a C02 cloud your wasting gas."You'll need a Crony to tune".Once you have max power,and the velocity recorded,start backing off the adjuster a bit at a time.You should notice that as you back out the adjuster,your power will still be very close to the same velocity,as when it was cranked down.When you reach a point where,the velocity is about to start dropping,you should be at the most efficient shot count to power ratio.

AZAG

Quote from: wahoowad on August 06, 2013, 03:46:53 AM
The gun just felt like it fired better, and hit the rats with more authority near the top of the shot count. I like the sound of a wadcutter smacking rat flesh closer to 500 fps.  :-\

Give domed pellets a try.  They won't change fps but will be more effective on game than wadcutters, especially at greater than 10m range.

There were some mods to try in this thread.  Try one mod at a time and record the results.

Randall Wells

" I don't need no arms around me, and I don't need no drugs to calm me.I have seen the writing on the wall. Don't think I need anything at all "

ped

if it were me i'd lengthen the barrel drill the barrel port out to between 0.160" and 0.165" "assuming that it is a .22 here) poly port it and angle the valve port i'd use a std spring with about 4-5mm preload on it then see where abouts the power and shot count are
personally i'd sacrifice a few shots if more power was required
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

WyoMan

I gotta say I don't have a CO2 gun....done lots of research cause I'm going to build one as soon as I'm done experimenting with pumpers
So, everything I know is second hand....
First....+1 to everything Ped said above  :-* ....I would add the following:
1) extended probe....but you probably already knew that
2) anchor the valve, the valve can move and then the TP doesn't line up....Chef has an excellent way of doing this
3) install a HDD....seen the difference adds 20 - 25% more shots
4) increase the valve volume...or a pre-plenum if you will, this will move the heat exchange closer to the source (cart, bottle, reservoir), the place where it gets cold, to where it doesn't effect power....it won't use more gas with the right spring tune  :-*

Someone chime in if this is wrong....this is a great topic that I need more research  :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance