• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman .177 bolt needed!

Started by Steve-in-Kville, August 09, 2013, 01:39:50 AM

Steve-in-Kville

Does anyone have an extra of the black bolts in .177 that come with the steel breech kits? Like one you replaced or never installed anyway and would be willing to sell cheap?

I replaced the breech on my 1377 a while back and used some other after-market bolt. It just doesn't feed right at all and hardly goes into full battery. So I was hoping someone would have one laying around. PM me if you can help.
Crosman 2260, 2240 & 1377
Beeman R9
Walther CP99
Benji 392

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

AaronMB

Quote from: Steve-in-Kville on August 09, 2013, 01:39:50 AM
Does anyone have an extra of the black bolts in .177 that come with the steel breech kits? Like one you replaced or never installed anyway and would be willing to sell cheap?

I replaced the breech on my 1377 a while back and used some other after-market bolt. It just doesn't feed right at all and hardly goes into full battery. So I was hoping someone would have one laying around. PM me if you can help.

This sounds like it could be a classic case of the steel breech upgrade problem... Could you describe your problem in more detail? Is it the last 1/4" or so of bolt travel, and the final movement of the pellet over the breech screw and hole, and into the barrel lead?

If so, this is quite common, unfortunately; several 'fixes' have been tried that help a bit (if this is your problem): wax to fill in screw hole, aluminum tape to cover screw hole, polishing the lip/edge of screw hole, a different screw with bigger head to better fill in the hole (popular, aesthetically pleasing, and an upgrade to the stock Crosman screw), different loading tactics (pointing gun straight up or down). It doesn't take much to catch a bit of the pellet and snag things up as you're closing the bolt.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." -Twain

1377x

sounds like a .22 bolt going into a .177 barrel leade
closed mouths dont get fed