• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

BRUTUZ Cleaning house?

Started by mudduck48, August 20, 2013, 09:22:13 PM

mudduck48

I think Brutuz is cleaning house. Look at the member count. We lost about 600 non active members. OPPS! ???
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

BDS

Good plan... my guess is 90% + were one or two time posters, trollers, guys with enough posts to spam the for-sale threads, etc

And do we really "lose" non-active members ???  :D
Brian

1377x

thats good
like bds said "do we really lose non-active members"
i think he should put a post limit before pms are available like the for sale section
i have been contacted by a few members who registered never posted on the board(not even an intro) contacted me via pm for 1701p trigger groups. after they got their trigger groups i never heard from them again nor did they post anything on the board
closed mouths dont get fed

BDS

Yup... but I do wish we could hear from NorthStar and Walt (0351Vet) who haven't been around for quite awhile  ???
Brian

1377x

same here but we have to do what have to do first
we have lost many valuable members but the majority is still around
closed mouths dont get fed

Brutuz

Yeps had to compact the database, it's fine again now

Some admins never do this, they must think it looks cool to have a zillion number of members mentioned on the main forum page which makes their forum look "important/succesfull" whatever, personally I don't care. An active forum where members feel at home is more important to me.

Yeah members come and go, same here, due to personal reasons I'm not as active as before, mostly admining the forum, not that I've lost interest but I've got so many other things on my mind now. This does not influence the continuity of the forum guys. Did stop frequently posting on a few other forums too. Hope 2014 will be a better year for me, family and friends. Possibly the member's you are missing onhere deal with probz too, who knows. Shoot them a PM if you miss them  :-*
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

quickster47 †

Quote from: BDS on August 20, 2013, 09:56:16 PM
Yup... but I do wish we could hear from NorthStar and Walt (0351Vet) who haven't been around for quite awhile  ???

I actually heard from NorthStar last week.  He is getting better and things around his place are looking up so one of these days real soon now in the near distant future he will be back.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

BDS

That's good news Carl, he was one of our good-guys  :-*
Brian

the old guy

Actually very good news to hear about Mr. Northstar. And while on the subject of missing members, has anyone heard from Mr. Brent? Don't pursue finding out about members that haven't been around lately for fear of being considered nosy. But I definitely agree that we should encourage those members to check in more often.

Lee

I may be getting old, but I can still whip anyone twice my age and half my heavy.

mudduck48

There goes the fourm, I'm here. :-* :-* Still. QUACK,QUACK,QUACK!!!
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

bgmcgee

Heard from Brent last weekend. He and his family went on a long vacation to China. Now he is getting his business sorted out. Sent him an email Saturday but haven't heard back yet. I know I haven't been around as long as most of you guys but I'm here for the long run if you'll let me. :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

DRAGON64

Well I came back, and I'm glad I did... seems the fall of every year is airgun season for me, and I got bit good this season.  Planning to stick with it too!
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Brutuz

Oh btw any non-active member can always register again
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well