• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

L D Cs ?

Started by BillK, August 24, 2013, 04:11:45 AM

BillK

I have several TKOs anad am very happy with them.  Very backyard friendly and I need that benefit. 
My question is;  are there any other LDCs that are efficient as the TKOs?  I'm guess I'm looking for some variety in style.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

breakfastchef

Quote from: BillK on August 24, 2013, 04:11:45 AM
I have several TKOs anad am very happy with them.  Very backyard friendly and I need that benefit. 
My question is;  are there any other LDCs that are efficient as the TKOs?  I'm guess I'm looking for some variety in style.

There are several boutique/home machinist who make LDC's. They are periodically available, but you have to find them and jump when they post one for sale on other forums and classifieds.

Neil Clague is one guy who makes very effective LDC's for nearly any application you can think of. See...[size=78%]http://petersoncorner.com/clague/[/size] I have purchased one of his pickles for an AA S510 and, more recently, a full length shroud for the Mac1 LD. His stuff is right up near the top of the heap.
Larry

bgmcgee

I have to agree with Larry. I have 2 Clague ldc's. One is on my 1377 the other on my 2300kt. Both are very quiet and fit like a glove.  The 1377 seems to get quieter the more I pump it if that makes sense to you.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

chongman

My first pistol (2300KT) had a TKO LDC on it, then I got a Clague.... sold the TKO.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

airriflenut

I'm ordering aluminum tube in two sizes for the LDC on my wife's yet to arrive CCS 2400KT.  One will be the main outer tube and the other tube will sit between the barrel and outer tube.  I'm going to test/experiment on baffle spacing, fully perforated and partially perforated inner tube sections, different distances from muzzle to first baffle, distance from last baffle to end cap and the overall LDC length.  I'm making an aluminium barrel collar to keep things centered and I'm going to make the pass-thru holes about .200" to reduce any air that wants slip by.

When I built my 1377 Crosmods last year I drilled the pass-thru holes at .250"...a bit too large in my opinion.  I figured that HUGE full-length 1 2/2" diameter shroud would gulp up all of the excess air...I have tried many baffle designs and arrangements until I got to where a mouse darting on a cotton ball makes more noise!! :D

I'll be sure to take lots of pics throughout the build.
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

Tater

Quote from: airriflenut on August 24, 2013, 06:47:19 AM
I'm ordering aluminum tube in two sizes for the LDC on my wife's yet to arrive CCS 2400KT.  One will be the main outer tube and the other tube will sit between the barrel and outer tube.  I'm going to test/experiment on baffle spacing, fully perforated and partially perforated inner tube sections, different distances from muzzle to first baffle, distance from last baffle to end cap and the overall LDC length.  I'm making an aluminium barrel collar to keep things centered and I'm going to make the pass-thru holes about .200" to reduce any air that wants slip by.

When I built my 1377 Crosmods last year I drilled the pass-thru holes at .250"...a bit too large in my opinion.  I figured that HUGE full-length 1 2/2" diameter shroud would gulp up all of the excess air...I have tried many baffle designs and arrangements until I got to where a mouse darting on a cotton ball makes more noise!! :D

I'll be sure to take lots of pics throughout the build.

That sounds sweet. Looking forward to see what you come up with.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

crossliner

Both from Europe..Silver one a custom UK Neil the more subdued of the two..Tried it on my .22LR using supersonic ammo because it's rimfire rated and I was more than impressed..Internals are copper and alum..

Mr. Droid has had Clagues, TKOs, Hogans etc and he said the UK Neil is quieter...He has 1 btw same as this.

1377x

Quote from: crossliner on August 24, 2013, 01:42:00 PM
Both from Europe..Silver one a custom UK Neil the more subdued of the two..Tried it on my .22LR using supersonic ammo because it's rimfire rated and I was more than impressed..Internals are copper and alum..

Mr. Droid has had Clagues, TKOs, Hogans etc and he said the UK Neil is quieter...He has 1 btw same as this.

are the internals anodized or coated?
if not they need to be. i'll tell you via pm since this is a banned subject here

not the talk of who makes just how its made is banned

another maker of ldc's is anthony storey. i like his ldcs better than tko's. anthony tailors the ldc to your needs and his was a lot cleaner than the one i got from tko,which was a mess inside.
closed mouths dont get fed

crossliner

No sir they are bare copper and aluminum. Since the end is threaded cap I do not think it's an issue because you can easily remove and clean the innards. One gripe though is the weight it's quite heavy at almost 8 oz. Well it's bored out aircraft aluminum w/ thick walls hence the heft. Regards.

Davio

What IS that 2" x 2" thing hiding in the woods?  :o   :-X      :-*
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

jSan22

Quote from: 1377x on August 27, 2013, 09:19:07 PM
are the internals anodized or coated?
if not they need to be. i'll tell you via pm since this is a banned subject here

not the talk of who makes just how its made is banned

another maker of ldc's is anthony storey. i like his ldcs better than tko's. anthony tailors the ldc to your needs and his was a lot cleaner than the one i got from tko,which was a mess inside.
what? because it could be converted into a -s-?

droid

You need a buddy in the UK, we can't move for them over here  ;D
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk