It's on the way...UPS driver needs training

Started by airriflenut, August 31, 2013, 01:52:48 AM

airriflenut

I got the delivery notification email this morning, the wife's 2400KT is finally on the way.  Should be here next week!!  It will keep me busy for a while which is needed, I'm starting to get burn-out with my woodturning.  I have been busy all day in the shop making a new trigger for it...wide 3/8" adjustable shoe and an externally (via small hole in frame behind the trigger guard) adjustable sear engagement with a smooth Delrin sear pad.  Haven't taken any pics yet but I'll get some up as I build.

Our UPS driver(s) seriously need some retraining or get another job.  I ordered some aluminum tube and rod to build the LDC, delivery tracking said it was "on vehicle out for delivery".  The day goes by and at about 6 pm yesterday I check the tracking.  "Released-other"...well, the wife and I have seen that before, they probably left it at the gate which they have done so many times before...in snow, in rain, on sun shining days.  The gate is 74 yards from the deck, never closed and a gravel drive.  This time it wasn't at the gate, it was in the middle of the freakin drive!!!  I guess the drivers was practicing his "drive-by delivery"!!  UPS got a very "unfriendly" phone call.

At least this package requires a signature...they gotta come to the house now!!
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

arkmaker †

for deliveries, you just don't always have a choice, but from now on I use FedEx to ship AG's and USPS for parts. I just got such a run around that last time I checked UPS for shipping. Only as a last resort now....
RIch
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

onebaddj

Maybe he was a paper boy that hasnt gotten out of the routine of just launching the package on the fly! Lol thats crazy they leave stuff in the middle of the drive way. Ups is hit or miss. Our guy in north carolina was awesome. He new the drill. When a gun box was being delivered he would stop short of the house cause he knew i would be there. That way the wife didnt know. Me and him both learned after the first 2.

On the other hand my bro in law is a supervisor that can track everything and ups still lost 2 packages and dropped one off at an address for a person with my wifes same name cause he couldnt find our address. The lady was nice enough to open the package and call the phone number she found in an adddress book she found in the box.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

RetatCDude

Sterling,
I hear you.
I have found the evening delivery is just as you describe.
They don't even knock on the door.
The mid-day delivery, they knock on the door.
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL