• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

strange mod that acutually works

Started by jSan22, August 31, 2013, 07:55:33 PM

jSan22

awhile ago, i was bored and i had a plastic breech in my hand and the carbine in another. after looking at the breech for awhile, i fit the front end on the the barrel and it fits, just a bit loose. and it was also wide enough to allow a .22 caliber pellet to pass through. so i got a saw, and cut off the back end of the breech. i then did some tests and fit it onto the barrel. it, to my suprise, actually works. it did shrink the groups a slight bit, but not only that, it also acts as a air stripper and lowers the jump from shooting rested. just need a dab of glue to secure it. but i kind of dont want to do that, so maybe a few rubber bands or something.
i also tried doing some shooting at 40 yards. the shots dropped off the mil dots (i only have 9 dots on the 3-9x40 instead of 18 on the 6x32) but i found where they are, and managed a suprising 1 1/2 inch group. all shots OP'ed (overpenetrated) the can i was using. so theres some power there at that range. thats worth trying out for hunting something, but first i need to shink that group, this was with the low quality crosman premier hollows. so if i got a better pellet, it probably would be something better.
i will take a few pics of the mod and maybe a accuracy test. 10 or 20 yards?

1377x

i cant picture what you did cant wait to see the pics
closed mouths dont get fed

Tater

So you use it to stabilize and as an air stripper with the air forced upward, and out the top for downward pressure?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

jSan22

i guess. didnt think of it like that, just got curious and tried it out. and it works!
now that i think of it though. it probably would work like that. the air probably does get forced out the top and reduces the turbulence on the pellet.

jSan22

I'll probably do more accuracy tests tomorrow if the wind works with me. probably bench rested. think I should do 3 shot groups or 5 shots?

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed