• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

The "Do All" Pellet Trap

Started by joe_bob1999, September 02, 2013, 07:06:29 PM

joe_bob1999

Set this up for shooting in the backyard.

3/4 plywood box with a 5" square inside dimension.

The "Do All Hot Box" fits inside width.  These targets are self healing (pellets don't generate enough heat to fuse the material back together) and have 6 sides that you can change to.  Rated for thousands of rounds.

Pretty quiet without the electro putty but silent when filled.  The shooter facing side only needs 1 lb. of putty to fill.

When you build the box leave the top a little short and cut a 1/4 groove in the other 3 sides.

The Gamo card stock targets drop right in.

arkmaker †

Nice!
Where does one find the hot box?
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

bgmcgee

"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

breakfastchef

I've seen those orange reactive targets online and at Walmart. I think you place them on the ground, and as you shoot it, it moves/tumbles around. Very good use for them. The limiting factor is the 5" square target area.
Larry

T191032

Whoa! Trippin' man!  That first pic is so Psychedelic!.   LOL  Yeah, ok, it took me a moment to realize the target was mounted to the back board piece.   :-[

Interesting. 
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

Crosshairs

Great idea.
                Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

dockie

joe_bob1999

The Do All Hot Box can be found at most sporting goods / outdoors stores and online everywhere.  On sale around $20.

The Electro Putty... a number of air gunners use this stuff to back fill pellet traps to eliminate noise.  It is really made for sealing electrical conduit and boxes.

jSan22

tried that stuff before. the e-putty is very tough.

airriflenut

Pretty darn cool pellet trap!!!  Didn't know the hot box existed, may just have to get me one! :-*

I guess a guy could use plumbers putty instead of the electro putty...is electro putty reasonable in price compared to plumbers putty?
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.