• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Another 2240 On The Table

Started by slivershooter, September 06, 2013, 05:48:30 PM

slivershooter

I just received another 2240 I ordered on Amazon. Good price. $49 free ship. Now,,,, what to do???? I ordered a shorty steel breech to start things rollen. I may do some wood grips if I can find some grainy wood. I'm thinking small and pretty, like my little Lady.  This stuff is way way way crazy Crosmanitis.  I hate to think when winter hits and I have more time to drool on the internet at prospective subjects.  :-\
I am a Christian, I am an American. I support the 2d Amendment and I am proud of it.

1377x

you have been bitten
dont forget if you cant get a crosman part from crosman give b&b a call your needed part could be there
closed mouths dont get fed

karatekid1975

Good thread. I'm thinking of modding my 2240 over the winter. 1377x can you pass along the number and email of B&B? Or I could buy stuff from you guys. I have faith and trust in you guys to help me out.

Since this is a 2240 thread ..... I want to start "blinging" out my 2240. I have the trigger fixed, but I'm wanting a new sear spring. I can hear it when I pull the trigger (right before shooting). It makes a "springing" sound. But other than that, after my husband smoothed out the sear and trigger, she shoots like a champ.

I am also thinking of de-blueing the tube and barrel. But I need a good oil to keep the tube from rusting. They rust very quickly without oil or blueing (seen it when I worked at Crosman, specially on the 2789's .... 2289 to you folks). We used what is called "cutting oil" when we machined the tubes and it worked great. But I don't have any. What's the next best thing?

Oh and I need a good crafty guy to make wood grips for a right-hander. Someone does it on here but I can't remember who it is.
Laurie

Crosman 2240 pistol
Crosman Quest 1000x rifle
Crosman stock 760 (1972) pump master
RWS 34 Diana rifle
Former Crosman employee ;)

Tater

If you have an Ace Hardware near by, just bring in the old spring and find a new one of the same size but lighter gauge. They have tons of springs there.
For the barrel and tube rust prevention, many swear by Eezox, especially Ed (1377). I can't wait to see it gleam!
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

arkmaker †

Also, try a spent (as in already fired) .22LR case in the spring to ride under the sear. A little moly and you will be surprised at the smoothness. The little boing is the spring catching on the sear. The case will eliminate that contact.

Again, do not use a live round!!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

karatekid1975

Quote from: Tater on September 07, 2013, 12:34:23 AM
If you have an Ace Hardware near by, just bring in the old spring and find a new one of the same size but lighter gauge. They have tons of springs there.
For the barrel and tube rust prevention, many swear by Eezox, especially Ed (1377). I can't wait to see it gleam!

We have a Home Depot, Dicks and Lowes near here. I will look at all of them for springs. They are not hardware stores (Lowes is kinda sorta for my mod needs) , so I will have to drive into Rochester NY to get one from Ace. OR if you guys got a fix for it, I am willing to pay for your man hours to make/find one. I would pay for shipping as well.

Don't you worry. I'm gonna make the 2240 BLING  :-* I'll post pics when I'm done  ;)
Laurie

Crosman 2240 pistol
RWS 34 Diana rifle

rangerfredbob

My fix for the sear spring is just to overcompress it with my fingers until it shrinks by about 1/4" in length (about 1/8" preload on the sear), quick, free and works well.
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

karatekid1975

Tried that. It worked great for a while, but I shoot a lot and fast, so it may have loosened up too much or went back to its normal tension.
Laurie

Crosman 2240 pistol
RWS 34 Diana rifle

Tater

Quote from: punchpressqueen75 on September 07, 2013, 04:03:01 PM
Tried that. It worked great for a while, but I shoot a lot and fast, so it may have loosened up too much or went back to its normal tension.

I'll be going through my box of parts later today. I might have an extra, lighter spring. If I do, I'll post back here and send it over to you.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

karatekid1975

Quote from: Tater on September 07, 2013, 07:31:20 PM
I'll be going through my box of parts later today. I might have an extra, lighter spring. If I do, I'll post back here and send it over to you.

Thanks so much Jerry.
Laurie

Crosman 2240 pistol
RWS 34 Diana rifle

Tater

I'm sorry PPQ, all I could find was a stock spring. I could have have sworn I had an extra light one.   :(
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

chongman

Quote from: punchpressqueen75 on September 07, 2013, 04:03:01 PM

Send me an address, I have something for you to try.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

AS13

Try these guys...The set has a nice no trim drop in sear spring I use. It's the 11/32 X 1 7/16" spring.
http://www.harborfreight.com/200-piece-assorted-spring-set-67562.html
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

karatekid1975

Quote from: chongman on September 07, 2013, 10:26:51 PM
Send me an address, I have something for you to try.

Thanks a bunch, but no more free-be's guys. I will pay you for it. PM me and tell me how much.
Laurie

Crosman 2240 pistol
RWS 34 Diana rifle

karatekid1975

Quote from: Tater on September 07, 2013, 10:07:51 PM
I'm sorry PPQ, all I could find was a stock spring. I could have have sworn I had an extra light one.   :(

Not a problem Jerry. I appreciate your time. You guys are the nicest guys I have met. I want to pay instead of getting free-bees.
Laurie

Crosman 2240 pistol
RWS 34 Diana rifle