• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

My 1701P....An Update

Started by RetatCDude, September 13, 2013, 10:04:58 PM

RetatCDude

When I first got the pistol I aired it up with my scuba tank. No problems. I had the Benji pump which I put a Lowe's desicant filter on and I figured I would see how the gun was with the pump. As we know we should hear the relief valve close when the pressure in the gun and the pressure in the hose equalize. This, so the air doesn't escape when we de-pressurize the hose. Back then, I don't recall if it did so as we know (the gun didn't hold the air I pumped in so I sent it back to Crosman where they replaced the gauge and sent it back. Today, I thought I would try it again with the pump (with the filter attached). 20 pumps, 3000psi. Open the brass vaalve and ALL the air rushes out. Took off the filter, and put the brass filter on. 20 pumps, 3000psi (on the pump, more than that on the gun's gauge), open the valve and all is fine. My theory is with the filter attached the pump is not able to generate enough force to close the check valve (no click). IMHO :)
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

onebaddj

at least you got it figured out and the gun shooting again. if it was the pump issue it funny that they replacrd parts and sent it back to you.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

1377x

Quote from: onebaddj on September 14, 2013, 05:25:34 PM
at least you got it figured out and the gun shooting again. if it was the pump issue it funny that they replacrd parts and sent it back to you.
2x
closed mouths dont get fed