• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

I GET A NEW MOD STARTER!!!!!

Started by airriflenut, September 18, 2013, 01:54:44 PM

airriflenut

I told the wife two nights ago, 'I need a gun to builf, not a CCS gun but one I can build from a base gun all the way up!!!".  She wad playing WoW and turned in her chair to face me and said, "ok......um let's talk about it in the morning".

Let me back up just a bit, I turn 50 today.  I told her that I need something new...a "mid-life"thing.  Of course she was thinking I was going to dump her and get a couple of 20 year old hotties, I told her, "no sweets, I'm going to trade you for a 90 year old with lots of land, boookooo bucks and BOTH feet on banana peels!!!!!!!).

Ok, enough joking.  She DID say that since it would my birthday Wednesday I can get the base gun to build what ever I wanted but it will have to be done a part or two each month because we also really need to save for our own home.  I was cool with those terms.  So, the "base gun" will be a 2240 from Wal-Marts "sight to store" option since my sister (I.e. landlord) doesn't like gun and now wants to get nosey about any UPS or FedEx packages my wife or I get, so we're having to deal with that now and I don't think a CO2 pistol in a delivered box would set to well

Ok, my proposed "over-time" build, here it is:

2240 starter
2260 tube (I like a longer forearm, plus I can mount weaver rails on it)
.177 caliber (I love the .177, not really a big .22 airgun fan yet)
Long steel breech
Breech riser
Crosman barrel, may be left at 24" or cut and crowned at 20"
Full length shroud
Custom self-made multi-adjustable double bar butt stock
GMAC 2260 Powerlet Eliminator
Drop forward with on/off
UTG 3-12x44 Compact SWAT scope
And anything else I've forgotten to mention

Getting the base gun first will allow me time to get all of the mods I want there don so I won't have to keep tearing a whole gun down just to make one change...and I've got plenty changes planned for the frame parts!!! .  As I've mentioned before, I want a "power" gun so hence the reason for a bulk feed system and one like breakfastchef did in his post on the bulk feed with GMAC P.E. is the one I chose since this.build with be needing/using a lot more CO2.

The 2260 tube...well, I've wanted a gun with a '60 tube for a while now.  I like the extra length for a forearm for range of grip, plus I can mount a few Weaver/Picattiny accessory rail should I decide to get some extra goodies to mount on it.

I'm leaning towards a 20" barrel because if I'm going to go full length shroud I don't want an excess hanging over the end.

I'll have to fabricate some of my own parts; the shroud, barrel bands for a 1" shroud and with foregrip mounts and the entire butt stock.  I may even attempt making my own drop foreward that will be made specifically to bolt onto a Crosman frame, I can make it to accept a bolt-on ASA.

Well, that's all my mind can register at the moment...I've been awake since 4 a.m. and I'm still half looped right now, but that's the "at the moment" plan for this new project.
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

KevinP

Happy Birthday and sounds like a good plan .... :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

vertguy

Sounds like a good plan. I like how you need to get stealthy with the "landlord".

How ironic... Happy Birthday from another 9/18'er  :-*
PC77
FX Verminator .22

1377x

happy birthday!
maybe you can add a chongman bolt handle to the list
closed mouths dont get fed

mudduck48

airriflenut and vertyuy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :-* :-* :-* ;D :)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

brz-ryder †

You`ll have fun modding the 2240 it`s a blast. Sterling & Doug HAPPY BIRTHDAY  :-* :-* :-* :-*

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

onebaddj

happy birthday dude! sound like a fun build. understand about the 1 peice at a time part and the nosy landlord. i try to time my packages to land on days the wife works so she wont see them. good luck on the build and be sure to post pics as they come. also in the pics wear a trench coat and sunglasses in case the landlord hacks your account here to collect evidence! that way you can deny everything. now that i think about it we should all wear trench coats and sunglasses just incase she turns over what she finds here to the underground evil wives network! lie deny demand proof!
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

bgmcgee

Sounds like a nice build and happy birthday to you guys.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

airriflenut

It sucks having to piecemeal this build but it will give me time to experiment on some new mod part ideas...working on one for adjustable sear spring tension...so far so good, very very smooth.  I know, there are already spring adjusters, mine is totally different.  Made it on my old 1377 frame, took off the Crosmods trigger ass'y and bolted it on.  WOW!!! I don't know if I want to take it off now.  :-* :-*

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!  Even tho i hit 50 it was a good day. :-*
Sterling

airriflenut

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that NO ONE in the city stocks the 2240!!!  What the heck is up with that anyway?  Checked Academy, Bass Pro, Dick's Sporting Goods and WalMart...nadda! >:( >:(

It's okay tho, I just got done with a WalMart site-to-store order, it will be here Tuesday! :-* :-*
Sterling

targettgii

Happy Birthday Sterling And Doug and I wish you many more.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

airriflenut

Quote from: targettgii on September 19, 2013, 05:42:54 AM
Happy Birthday Sterling And Doug and I wish you many more.

Many Thank Yous!!!
Sterling

Flex

A few comments on your post. First, Happy belated birthday :)! My b-day was 3 days after (but 10+ years earlier than) yours!  I bought myself a powder burner for my birthday, but as an afterthought, ordered a 2240 of of Amazon.com. The price was right, plus no tax and no S&H. A few months back, I talked myself out of buying a 2240. I must have forgotten the reason ??? (how convenient) ;D.

Like your nosey landlord, I have the resident "fun police" to deal with in a situation similar to yours. Thanks to package tracking and delivery advisories, things easily slip under the RADAR ;).

My modding plan isn't quite as extensive as your. I already have much of the stuff I need, but I too, have given more than a little thought to "back-grading" to .177cal. I have a lot more pellets in that cal and may (probably will) get a few more shots out of each CO2 cart. I imagine that there will be an increase in muzzle velocity too! I don't need to turn it into a rifle, so I'm thinking that a stock 10" barrel for a 1377 will be fine. A bit longer than the 2240's stock barrel but not that much.

I plan on reworking the stock rear sight to fit the steel breech dovetail mount (or maybe a very low-profile reflex sight). I do have a spare fiber optic front sight that I can use with my modified stock sight.

I've yet to fire the 2240 but have read that they are a bit on the loud side. If so, some kind of LDC will be in order.

It's not a priority, but I may take a whack at making my own custom wood grips. (Winter IS on it's way).

RE: not finding any 2240s in your local stores. I haven't seen any in my part of WI either. My WalMart carries other brands of CO2 pistols but essentially none of the Crosman brand. Same situation for most other stores in my area.

Anyway,  I'll be following the progress of your "build-gun". looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Good luck. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

airriflenut

Thanks Flex!!

Yes, the 2240 is on the "not neighbor friendly" side, got a touch louder when I put in the weaker valve spring and cranked my temporary (I needed SOMETHING to make) power adjuster all the way in.  I've never been a fan of .22 in airguns (not to offend those who are).  I've always liked the .177, if I could afford to drop $107 I would love to get a LW .20...I've always been a fan of the .20 but never owned one.

I got my aluminum for the build yesterday, our UPS driver leaves it at the gate for ALL to see it...then I get to make up some story that it is more stuff to make more woodturning tools, etc.  Of course I still have not received all of what I need so this big tube of raw 6061 will sit idle until the other parts get here.  I've been able to make a few parts but the majority need to be fitted to the main gun.

It is a big build, and expensive one, but it is one I've been wanting to do for a while.  I guess I like the challenge, my very first mod was last year...a full Crosmods 1377, the "Scorpion".  There are many more i want to build, a few "fun guns" and a few "OMG!!!" guns.  The "OMG!!!" guns will be harder on the wallet than this one...go big or don't go at all!!

Anywho, I'll keep updates and pics posted along the way.
Sterling

1377x

these arent in the banner for nothing
closed mouths dont get fed