• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

I've got a 2240 on it's way!

Started by Flex, September 30, 2013, 01:31:53 AM

Flex

Was putting an order in at Amazon.com today (non-airgun stuff) and noticed that I had the Crosman 2240 in the "save for later" area. The price had dropped to $49.49 :).
Some months ago, I talked myself out of getting one if for no other reason than the expendable nature of the CO2 cartridges. The then price of $56 and change was OK (a couple of $s less than the comparable pumpers at the time) but I had a hard time justifying the purchase. I stroll the sporting goods sections of a couple of local WalMarts and have not seen any specials on airguns and have noticed the prices actually creeping up! The store price for the PumpMaster pistol is approaching $70.
ANYWAY, after noticing that the Amazon.com price had dropped to just under $50, I thought "what the heck" and went ahead and added it to the order :-*. Afterwards, I thought that I prolly should of checked elsewhere, just in case I needed to cancel my order. Crosman's price was ~$70 (and none in the reman section), Pyramid wanted $57 but I saw that WalMart was also selling for the Amazon.com price! Since it was the same and I'd have to pay tax, I was OK with it.
I'm hesitant to go back and read my posts and replies as to why I thought that I DIDN'T need a 2240. I'm sure that one of them was that I need to stock up on CO2 cartridges :o.
So now I'm looking forward to the big Brown truck pulling into the driveway later this week. I'm also hoping that most out there think that $50 is a very decent price for this airgun. That's all for now. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

wahoowad

Get the 40 carts for $20 at pyramidair....at 50 cents a piece it becomes cheap fun

bgmcgee

You paid a good price and you're going to like it too. A little fine tuning and they ate fun shooters. Most walleyworld's have the 40 count carts for 20 bucks too. You pay tax but no shipping so its a wash.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

1377x

not bad! congrats!
when i bought my 2240 i got it for $40otd or like you i wouldnt have bought one. i no longer have it and the first day i tore it out of the clam shell i think it had an identity crisis and became a 2250b, well, maybe in the first week ;D
its a fun gun you will enjoy it. it is a loud pistol , we know that can be tamed though ;)
closed mouths dont get fed

Flex

Quote from: 1377x on September 30, 2013, 02:04:07 AM
its a fun gun you will enjoy it. it is a loud pistol , we know that can be tamed though ;)
So, just how loud is it? I'm pretty sure that I'm "pushing the envelope" RE: local laws when I shoot my pumpers and springers in my back yard. I'm guessing that as long as the neighbors don't complain and/or report my nefarious activity, I should be OK. To be sure, my shooting activities are by no means silent. There's the typical "crack" when the gun is fired and (most often) some noise when the pellet hits the target backstop. My range area is pretty much "below grade" and is surrounded by a 6 ft wooden privacy fence. The neighbors that would most likely "rat me out" are fairly elderly and probably a bit hard of hearing. They are the furthest away. The others probably couldn't care less as long as pellets aren't ending up hitting their windows or others parts of their houses. If the 2240 is A LOT louder than what I now have, that could be another issue. I just may have to look into "taming" the beast. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Daisy 105 B
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Daisy 717 target pistol

arkmaker †

Congrats!
And yes, it will be louder than a 13xx. A too might be just what the doctor ordered. I live in a condo, with neighbors close by. I use a tko 99% of the time, but evert once in a while like to hear that crack!!

Oh, and the money you saved? Just wait until you start modding it..... Will seem like peanuts then  ;D
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

karatekid1975

I agree with Rich. The 2240 is loud. But I live in the wooded area. So it's not an issue for me. But I will be putting a muzzle brake on mine, when I start my new job.
Laurie

Crosman 2240 pistol
Crosman Quest 1000x rifle
Crosman stock 760 (1972) pump master
RWS 34 Diana rifle
Former Crosman employee ;)

redpcx

I tried to order one from Amazon a few weeks ago.
The website wouldn't allow it, saying they couldn't ship the 2240 to my zip code.
Pellets and CO2 they can ship, but no airgun.  I am pretty sure there are no restrictions here, but you can't argue with a computer.
I have one coming at that same price...

redpcx

Since somebody mentioned it's a loud gun, does anybody know how the sound  of a 2240 compares to a Mark 1?
I used to have one of those and the noise level was ok, I am hoping to more or less replace the Mark 1.

1377x

a mki is not as loud as a 2240 imo. i would say the mki is maybe as loud as a 1377 on 8 pumps

chongman

Tame the beast with a TKO or a Clague  ;)
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Flex

Just picked her up today! Had to do some yard work while the weather is still decent. Will get her unwrapped tonight and run a batch of pellets thru her tomorrow and Wednesday. Once I know everything works as it should, I'm going to start with the modding. Glad it's finally here (took longer than usual). Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Daisy 105 B
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Daisy 717 target pistol

1377x

vertguy

Quote from: Flex on October 08, 2013, 03:57:06 AM
Glad it's finally here (took longer than usual). Flex

Congrats on the new toy!! Sounds like you used the Super Saver shipping with Amazon as they tend to hold the product for several days before shipping even though it shows as being in stock. Think this is there way to try and encourage you to purchase a upgraded shipping option as they have done this to countless times.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

Crosshairs

Congrats Flex they are great guns out of the box so don't rush the mods if loot is a issue. I still have one bone stock and one painted with a Crosman break on it. Still love to shoot them.
Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!