• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

my 1377 + problem with scope ( help needed)

Started by Ex3, October 02, 2013, 06:06:56 PM

Ex3

Hello this is my 1377 with freshly( 2 days ago) installed custom stock and utg 3-9x32 ao scope

The problem I have is that after 2 days of using this scope I was very happy with it but third day (today) It lost its zero and I cant adjust it with knobs, recticle just does not move, or move sometimes some side : |
What could be problem and is there chance for me to get it replaced or returned if scope has problem?
thanks

1377x

the scope should be warrantied how long have you have the scope?
are the scope rings tight on the scope and on the rail?
how far off is it?
closed mouths dont get fed

1377x

targettgii

I had almost the same problem with mine the only difference is mine wouldn't adjust right out of the box.I sent it back to leapers and they said nothing was wrong with it I haven't mounted it on anything yet to verify this.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Ex3

thanks guys, it's fixed, I tried so many things and gave up, then I tried again and everything was ok ,
I dont understand what was problem in :D

1377x

this doesnt make any sense ??? 
so how do you know its fixed? and did you do anything else since posting?

woody67

The knobby piece under the windage and elevation knobs have to be loosened in order to adjust zero.

One time i drove to my spot to zero a marauder with new leapers scope, and when i got there i realized i forgot my allen keys. Drove all the way home, picked them up, and drove back to the shooting spot. Thats when i discovered it is hand tighten/loosen and not allen key. I would never have known if i didnt stare at it trying to figure out what was wrong with me!

I keep mine loose enough where i can adjust, but tight enough so it wont move on its own

1377x

with the pumping there is a possibility of the scope moving
the red dot on my 1377 was hand tightened and i forgot to use a wrench to tighten the screws better. if it wasnt for the long barrel set screw poking thru the scope stop hole on the rings the rd would have slid further than it did from the pumping. hand tight does vary p2p though

woody67

How do you have the sunshade AND the lens cover on at the same time? ???

woody67

This is the tighten/loosen ring I was talking about:

1377x

tinker

Those tossed me for a curve too.  Grabbed the Allen wrench and then I too figured to loosen the star knobs under the turrents. 

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Ex3

no I was tightening/loosening that turret after adjustment but recticle did not seem to move
then I put scope on the table so it does not move and watched if recticle was moving when I was turning knobs, I saw that they were moving , then I shoot again and put recticle on the same place I was pointing at and while scope is not moving I moved recticle to the point where pellet did actually hit, then everything was ok.
Maybe it was me misunderstanding something , I am newbie to this world ) )