• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Started by vaquero57, October 05, 2013, 05:44:03 PM

vaquero57

redpcx

Wow! Impressive software.
There is also a version for iphone/ipad devices.

1377x

Quote from: vaquero57 on October 06, 2013, 03:37:31 PM
ldc?
lead
dust
collector
it collects the lead dust particals that will fall everywhere if not caught ??? plus it makes these guns neighbor friendly and mouse fart quiet ;)
closed mouths dont get fed

mudduck48

Quote from: vaquero57 on October 06, 2013, 02:50:29 AM
I know it would be fun! Before I ever decide to start a project like this though I need to invest in a chrono. Would be pointless to do any mods if I couldn't see the results.
$79.99 + free shipping. goes off in 7hr.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHOOTING-CHRONY-BETA-FOR-PAINTBALL-ARCHERY-ETC-/121185748729?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c373bc6f9
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

K.O.

You can also use your computer as a chrono 2 different ways.

1- download Audacity & get a couple mics  (mine are Shure sm 58 but cheep works and have 20 ft. cords) , then is just a matter of simple math...

2- download Chairgun  shoot 10-20-30-40 (& so on as needed) and match trajectory curve to graph/chart by playing with velocity...

was given an abused 853 that from my gut and shooting results said high 300s to low 400s  said about 425 in my intro thread at GTA...

Chairgun says  395 or so...
1322XLT(2100/13XX hybyid)750 fps @ 16 pumps w/CPHP 14.3g

MK1322(2240/13XX/MK177 hybrid) 805 fps at @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP

about 5 more 13xxs
Two Daisy 953(# 31x Jan. 1985) & (Sept 2004)
2100b (with old style piston)
.25 Mrod (50fpe tune)
.177 BSA Buccaneer (on the way)

airriflenut

You need some sort of metal stop plate for the pellet to strike.  It is a time-of-flight chrony...the sound of the shot (muzzle report) and the sound of the pellet striking metal (or something as noisy) are calculated for velocity.

The parameters of, projectile weight/style, distance to target, height and distance of the measuring device (android phone) from the muzzle, etc can be set.  The measuring device must be positioned in the same place for each shot for the readings to be "accurate".  The time-of-flight principle is ages old and can be very accurate...if all parameters are exact.

And, as Ed mentioned as well as I, if you have an effective muzzle brake or LCD it most likely will not work, this I do know from my experiences.  For a poor man like myself it is the least expensive option to try and collect any data.
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

airriflenut

Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

vaquero57

Hey guys I tried that chrono connect app a couple weeks ago. Sorry it took so long to reply. I was shooting at a disc blade at 20 yards so there was an audible "ting" when it hit. I experiemnted with sensitivity and every setting on the thing and I made sure my measurements were exact ect. It worked like CRAP! I got it to actually work a couple times out of 30 shots or more. All the other times it just got "ERR" on the screen. I tried everything but it just wouldn't work.