• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Standard 2240 Chrony results

Started by Hunter2011, October 12, 2013, 08:06:58 PM

Hunter2011

Have anyone done some speed tests with various pellets with a standard 2240? If not results with different pellets with a modded 2240 will also be fine.

I have once done extensive chrony testing with my FX Ranchero. What I found very interesting and sort of unexplainable was that I got a higher velocity with AA Field pellets, than with 7.9 grain wadcutters. That despite the fact that the AA's weigh more at 8.44 grain. In fact the AA's beat any pellet I've tested that weighed above 7.5 grains. I would like to know what pellet does give the best performance in the 2240.

arkmaker †

If you do a search in the co2 section, you will find a bunch of data.

Faster don't mean good though....if you can't hit what you are aiming at every time, then speed don't mean squat!

Of course I know about the "Need for Speed"
My middle name is Tim the Toolman Taylor.....MORE POWER!  ;D
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Hunter2011

I did do a search on the homepage, but came up with only two results.
I hear you, my current favorite pellet, most accurate of all,  is also the slowest, 10.22grain JSB Heavy.
But I want to know what is the best in .22 without buying them all like I did with .177. I sit with almost 30 tins of ''useless'' pellets. I only shoot with JSB Heavies now so all the other tins are just gathering dust.

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

I know lots of folks have done lots of testing and reported results but the details of those results don't always get documented real well.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

there is a bunch of 2240 to .177 threads not a  lot of chrony results lots of targets. i would say most are focused on accuracy not everyone has a chrony
closed mouths dont get fed