• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Stock sights on a 2240

Started by Hunter2011, October 13, 2013, 05:27:55 PM

Hunter2011

I can confirm that it is impossible to correctly sight in the stock open sights on a 2240. Mine is set as low as it can go, but I still shoot 2.5cm high at 10 meters. Besides getting a optical device and a steel breech, what can I do to sight in the standard sights? I believe it is impossible unless the sights is modified in some way.

arkmaker †

Hmm, I guess I have been lucky because I have always been able to site my stock site in on the 2240's. You could always take the site off and sand a little off the bottom of it. That would drop it lower. Or add to the top of the front site. 

Also, I am not 100% on this, but I think that the fiber optic site sits a little higher. Maybe someone that has both can confirm or debunk that?

Something else to consider (I've had this started and not finished for a year now ;-) is to trim off the blade on the front site and drill/tap for a set screw. My reason for doing this was that I was going to add a hood to this site. Just got put on the back burner with a dozen other projects  ;)

Also, take the front site off and add a longer set screw to the top of the barrel band.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Crosshairs

You can grind the bottom of the stock rear sight to bring the whole sight down I did this on a few stock 1377s and it works fine.
Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Hunter2011

I was thinking about putting a bright orange thick weeteater line on top of the front sight. That would maybe look silly, but will bring the poi close to what it should be.
I also see I wall have to loosen the barrel to turn it a bit to the right. The front sight is a bit to the left

What adjustable sight are usually fitted onto the dovetail mount of steel breech Crosman's?

quickster47 †

I actually have milled the bottom of the OEM rear sight for a couple of folks and they were pleased.  Me, I've always had good luck with the OEM sights on at least a dozen different 2240 guns.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †