• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Cylinder expansion on 2240

Started by Hunter2011, October 14, 2013, 09:03:54 AM

Hunter2011

Does this happen with the 2240 like it does with PCP airguns? With PCP airguns, under correction, the cylinder expands as preasure increases.
I just want to know what effect this has on a 2240 that uses CO2. If there are no expansion it means you can mount a optical device on the cylinder with no poi changes as the preasure of the CO2 cartridge goes lower etc?

arkmaker †

All of the pressure remains in the cart and valve. The tube never gets pressurized on a stock gun. Go ahead and mount a scope where ever it works for you  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Hunter2011

Ok.
Can I just ask why then was I advised against rubbing out the print on the side of the pistol? I thought it was because the walls would be too thin for the pressure. But since the tube has no pressure by itself, can I perhaps also file away all the words then?

arkmaker †

Yes, you could but it is going to look like heck and be very hard to smooth into an even flow. Then you will need to re-blue. You can buy new tubes with just the laser etching on them. That would be my suggestion as the way to go. Bet the tube will cost you no more than 10 bucks from Crosman.

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

BDS

+1, whatever the depth of the roll stamped characters are, that is the depth of the "divot" you will leave when removing the characters by grinding/polishing, it's not pretty  :D
Brian

1377x

take a look at this thread http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,11185.msg139834.html#msg139834
roll stamping doesnt affect a thing on the 2240,but, like the others said it wont look good once you are done grinding away. some portions could be deeper than others, you might end up with a hole in the tube then you will need to fill in the groove left by the now missing roll stamp. as said earlier there are tubes that are laser etched instead of stamped
i dont know if airgunexporters is still around but you can contact them http://www.airgunexporter.com/
and see if a custom shop gun can be ordered and delivered through them
closed mouths dont get fed

arkmaker †

Ok, sorry, I did not realize you we're in SA. Now I understand. Tough getting parts over there?
Rich

Hunter2011

That you can say again Rich.
You won't believe how much and for how many years I wanted a 2240. It was just impossible to get one. I could not believe it when one was for sale at one online shop here. I could not say no!
I am looking for a 10.''1  .22 barrel now but just can't find someone willing to ship to SA. When someone is willing to ship, shipping costs is more than what the barrel costs, more than $40.00
I also want Pellgun oil. Can you believe me when I tell you I can't find it anywhere in this big SA?

arkmaker †

If you have a car parts store, look for "non-detergent" transmission fluid. Works the same. Don't over do it, just a drop on the cart end every half dozen carts or so is what I do. That way you don't gunk up your valve.