• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman 1077 making it better than standard.

Started by Hunter2011, October 15, 2013, 10:31:10 AM

Hunter2011

I love mine and it does fine for what it is. But as with everything I own, I always like to improve it a bit.
I am busy with a muzzle brake for it, not that it is loud, but just for the coolness factor.
What can I do to improve it's accuracy? I believe the trigger is the weakest link? I've also read that the barrel must get an adapter or something to stabalise it as it is apparently moving around inside the shroud.
Can any mods, how little even, be done to get a bit more power?

What have you guys done to yours? What scopes, lasers and accesories are you using with it? Mine is currently being shot still with the standard sights.

arkmaker †

You can get a barrel stabilizer from HPA Sports. Fits into the shroud and minimizes barrel slop.
There is not much you can do with that trigger from what i could see without major redesign. I replaced a broken trigger on one and was quite amazed at the design. For what it does and for what they cost, I have left mine alone except for the stabilizer. For four times the money, the next upgrade is a hammerli 850. That one has great reviews.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Hunter2011

But the 850 is not a Semi-auto.  If it was it would have been mine :)

Crosshairs

I also love the cheap 1077 one gun I never get tired of shooting. As far as making it more accurate I don't know if it even possible. All of Mine shoots real nice from ten meters. The trigger is a bit long and hard but controlable. 
So that said I don't think there is much that can be done to improve it.
Mike.
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

BillK

Here is a link with more links inside about the 1077.  Thought I would make it a winter project.
http://airgunner.org/?p=538
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Hunter2011

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Hunter2011

My PC is maybe acting up. I got it open at last.
Well, I could not really have asked for a more detailed explanation than that...
Thanks. I'll do the barrel mod first for sure. This has to improve the accuracy