• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

4-H Pistol and Rifle instructor classes

Started by Rualert, October 19, 2013, 01:05:00 PM

Rualert

For anyone in the US, this is a great opportunity not only to sharpen your skills, but to become part of a large group dedicated to teaching our youth the proper handling of firearms, air guns, archery, ect, while guiding them to be good citizens. I have the privilege to be attending my first instructor training camp this weekend. I will check back in through the weekend, and let everyone know how it's going.

Casey

P.S. Where else can you go, learn some new skills, and shoot all weekend with someone else ammo?

arkmaker †

Awesome!
There is a Boy Scout camp about an hour south of me that has an awesome rifle range. They mostly teach the kids safe use and handling of .22 rifles if I remember correctly. I found their website once when researching retractable targets. They did a phenomenal job setting up and building this range. I will try to find the link again. Some of you might want to duplicate the target retraction system they designed.

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

sounds like a fun educational time
and like you said where else can you to shoot someone elses ammo cant beat that
good luck! and have fun!
closed mouths dont get fed

twigboy

Quote from: Rualert on October 19, 2013, 01:05:00 PM
P.S. Where else can you go, learn some new skills, and shoot all weekend with someone else ammo?

I see it this way...  Where else will you find peolple like you who care to teach our future?  You!  Thanks. We need more.

bgmcgee

Quote from: twigboy on October 19, 2013, 10:20:04 PM

I see it this way...  Where else will you find peolple like you who care to teach our future?  You!  Thanks. We need more.
I agree100% Maybe with more people like you Rualert there would be less problems around this country. Hope you have a great time.  :-* :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Rualert

Thanks all, I encourage anyone who can donate even a few hours every other week to teach, and coach our youth to look into this. Been a tough couple of days, but it's been fun too. Side note, you also get to camp with either bunk house, or rustic cabin lodging. don't forget to bring your gear.

Casey

Crosshairs

I love teaching gun safety to the young and old it leaves a good feeling inside.
                                   Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

arkmaker †

Quote from: arkmaker link=topic=12737.msg166080#msg166080

size=78%] I found their website once when researching retractable targets. They did a phenomenal job setting up and building this range. I will try to find the link again. Some of you might want to duplicate the target retraction system they designed. [/size]
Rich

I could not find the article that showed how to build the retractable target system, but the website is camps hands.org

I sort of still have a picture of it in my head and for a lazy man like me, have always wanted to build one. You can see in a couple of the pics, the hand wheel overhead of the shooters that send out and retracts the targets. Very innovative system. Point is that 4H and the BSA do good things teaching kids the proper use and handling of firearms.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Rualert

Well I made it through the three day, we started Friday, and finished up late yesterday. So now I'm a certified Pistol instructor. Great weekend of learning, shooting, and fellowship with great people, and good kids. I found out we have several kids, these range from 9-19 so most of them were on the higher end of the age range, who not only shot in the state championships, but also Camp Perry, and Nationals. So anyone interested as an instructor, coach, or for their kids / grand-kids, ping me, and I'll provide the contacts I have to help get anyone started.

Casey

quickster47 †

Great job Casey.  Glad to see that you can spend time with the youth giving them some appreciation for shooting and safety and skill development.  It is a good feeling to give back what others have shared with you.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Tater

Good on you Casey. That sounds like a fun time too.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Rualert

Thank you all for the great comments ,and feed back. Again, if anyone is interested, just drop me a PM, or a reply in this thread. I'll be around a bit more now, but I may be also looking for a Daisy forum as well. A good bit of our equipment is donated by Daisy, mostly their Avanti series of rifles, and pistols.

Casey

P.S. I'm now seriously looking at a 1701 P for myself.