• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Don't Know Question

Started by slivershooter, October 19, 2013, 06:42:49 PM

slivershooter

??? I was thinking, (which is dangerous) about these external gas bottle assemblies.  I have two 2240s and thought maybe I should check this out. Where can they be found, what are they called,  is there info on them, for a uneducated AG moder?  I'm eager to learn.  Thanks
I am a Christian, I am an American. I support the 2d Amendment and I am proud of it.

1377x

can you be more specific on what kind of info you are looking for?
there are different ways of mounting a bottle to the 2xxx guns
one is with a powerlet eliminator
another way is with drop tank adapters
the name you are looking for is bulk filling
closed mouths dont get fed

T191032

"external gas bottle assemblies. "

Would you be referring to the 88-gram "AirSource", 9 oz, 20 oz Paintball Tanks?

"Search" Buttons here & Google/Bing is your guides to days worth of reading.   :-*
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

slivershooter

I don't know what I'm looking for, is called.  I want to look into converting my 2240 to use an external tank of some sorts. Maybe one I can pump up with a pump. Maybe a setup that connects with a hose so there is little more bulk to the AG.  Sorry for my ignorance about this stuff.  I have 2 pumper 13xxs which are wonderful shooters but I'd like to have a self fill tank that I can use on my 2240s and get away from the little Co2 cartridges.  I'll try searches and Googles on the matter but the correct terminology I lack.   ??? :-[
I am a Christian, I am an American. I support the 2d Amendment and I am proud of it.

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

slivershooter

:-*  Ya guys, that's what I'm looking for.  A small type tank as so to cut down on bulk an a connection system.  I've looked on some sites and I believe I can make the unit that takes the place of the powerlet, on my mini-lathe.  I think I'm getting the picture.  Thank you so much for helping an uneducated Air Gunner.

1377x

depending on the way you want to bulk
i have seen people drill a hole in the tube and use a dummy powerlet or drill/tap a hole in a used powerlet

arkmaker †

A used powerlet has a pretty thin wall though, so I would go ahead and use a machined aluminum one like what B&A sells. That way you don't have to worry about the fitting and hose blowing out if the cart on you. The dummy carts have a much thicker wall to thread into.

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

slivershooter

NOW!!!!  I just learned one more thing about tanks. I acted a bit hastily and got a Co2 tank coming. Now I found out that it can only be used for Co2. HPA has another type hook up and different pressure.  Boy I am a KNOB HEAD on this stuff.  They tell me the Co2 tanks can very in pressure as you shoot but the HPA have a regulator that keeps it level.  Which would be good but the tanks are so fat and clumsy. What are these fellas using on most of these mods?  I'm a very confused dumby. 

arkmaker †

Read here and educate yourself about the various ways you can either bulk fill a Co2 gun or covert a gun to HPA. There is a very big safety difference. BUT, either one can kill you if you don't do it right. Start with the stickies and then do a search on HPA or Bulk Fill

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/board,19.0.html

HappyHunter

Very, VERY good advice, Rich :-*

Neither route is hard to do and all the info you need can be found easily, BUT...you have to know what you are doing!

Not trying to dampen your spirits or enthusiasm, but before blindly jumping in with both feet, read read and read some more to learn the in's-n-out's and particularly the safety precautions associated with each. With bulk Co2 or HPA if not done correctly, you are literally holding a potential bomb a few inches from your head (not to mention danger to  others who may be close by)....do you really want to be guessing if it's "OK"?? :-X
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

arkmaker †

Also, one other thing in verbiage.....when I think of "Bulk Filling" I associate it with Co2 (850/1100 psi) and not HPA/PCP (2000/3500 psi) guns. Big difference in pressures and what you can and can't do or maybe I should say not do or maybe better yet, what you have to do.. I guess that is what I had thought you wanted to do the build in (Co2).

HPA/PCP are all bulk filled as a given, so when most of us hear bulk fill, we think of Co2. You do not want to use the set up in the link I posted about my Transformer build without further safety mods. I built for Co2 only. If I were to use HPA, I would need to secure the tank adapter with a second set of screws as well as pin the valve and add a regulated HPA tank. You also do not want to use a dummy cart for HPA. The front seal of the valve will not hold the higher HPA pressure for long and is sure to blow at some point. Not really sure how well the end cap would hold either.

Just trying to make you think a little bit before jumping. Want to make sure you have the parachute  :-*  In this case knowledge of the build requirements. But, let me warn you... if you build your own, you have to rely mostly on yourself and your skills. Sometimes it is just plain better to buy a PCP rifle or pistol. That is what I did until I fully understood the process. 3 years in and I am now just building my first HPA pistol. Some might call me dumb, that's ok....It won't blow up in my face, because now I know what to do without any doubts.

.......that's me.....stepping down from the soapbox now.... ;)

onebaddj

i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

slivershooter

Hey you guys. Thank you Thank you for the great info. You are the best.  I love to read information and learn.  I sometimes act putting the cart before the horse but I soon realize my hast and go back to learning first.  I saw some video talking about Co2 and some problems with it. Mostly with Paintball guns which are another animal.  Do you guys that use the Co2 have any input as to draw backs?  The guns are set up for the use of Co2 so just a larger supply system, should not be a problem.   The pressure thing with HPA kinda turns me off.  I want to be able, at any time to take out the external tank system and throw in a 12g powerlet for some applications.  I think Co2 will be my first endeavore.