• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Pellet Test

Started by AS13, October 23, 2013, 09:11:06 PM

AS13

Picked a Simmons 1X24 red dot to replace the BIG UTG  red dot I had on my 2240. The 38mm UTG looked like an elephant sitting on a cup cake ;D So while I was sighting it in I tried out some Daisy flats/wad cutters. I wasn't expecting one hole groups, but the results were surprising. I didn't shoot them until I already shot 25 rounds out of the cartridge. I get 40 shots out of a 12 gram cartridge. I usually don't go over 25 rounds when sighting in. Anything more than that I end up chasing the pellet making sight adjustments. I fired ten rounds at 30 feet and ended up with a group that measured 3/8 X 1/4 inch.
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

bgmcgee

I've been pleasantly surprised with the daisy waddcutters too. Pretty nasty but for the cost they shoot pretty good in both
177 and .22 :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Bill in SC

I love punching paper at 10 meters with wad cutters!

Bill in SC

Crosshairs

Part of the fun of this hobby/sport is finding the right pellet. I have pellets that work great in one 1377 and work like crap in a different 1377. Or pellets that group better at a long distance then a short distance go figure.
Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

KevinP

The daisy waddcutters, although a little dirty, work fine for me .... :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Tater

My 1377 just loves the Daisy HP's. It's nice when a gun likes the cheapies since I only shoot HOSPS and Chippers anyways.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Rualert

I have a couple of 2240's that seem to love those cheap dirty Daisy WC's. However, now that I'm teaching pistol to kids, I'm looking into some of the JSB, and RWS offerings in .177 for the target pistols. Mainly because the young ones sometimes don't properly wash their hands after handling the pellets, and since Daisy uses some form of graphite lube, it sticks to them longer. Funny thing, my first 2240 in 22 cal shot the Daisy  WC's into ragged holes for the 5M comps, matching the RWS WC's from the same gun at the same distance. The Daisy's were what $3.00 or $4.00 a tin, while the RWS's were $7.00 or $8.00. Definitely worth it to try everything you can get, and find what the guns like. And just like Croshairs said, I have had CPHP's shoot great out of one gun at 25 - 45 yards, but shotgun them from another at the same distance. I have found that the JSB's seem to shoot well at distance in almost all of my toys.

Casey