I'M GETTING A CHRONY...A REAL ONE!!!

Started by airriflenut, November 01, 2013, 04:09:22 AM

airriflenut

Yep, I'm getting a real chrony...ShootingChrony F1!!!!!!!  :D :D
No more android apps, no more "I don't have any data/figures" when someone asks.

I searched and searched for the best price last night and CheaperThanDirt at $84.23 plus shipping was the best price I found.  So, being tired, grumpy and frustrated this evening I "told" my wife that I was going to order a chrony.  :o :o. After "the look" I backed up and told her I'd really like to get a chrony because I need one but if it was going to kill the budget I guess I could wait. :( :( :(

She said it was okay then wanted to know how much, I told her about$100 with shipping.  I was waiting for the "hell no" but I was greeted with "is that all, I was thinking a couple hundred?".  All I could mutter was, "okay, I'll get upgrades with it".  :D ;D.   I'm just getting the F1, next time I'll think before I'll speak.
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

mudduck48

next time I'll think before I'll speak. Yea, right, then you woke up.LOL :P :P
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

demarisl

F-1 Chrony, small spiral notebook, and a pen.  All you need and you'll wonder how you ever got along without it.  Notebook makes a handy reference for monitoring the health of your airguns.  Pick a small one that will fit inside the F-1 when folded so you'll always have it handy.

Enjoy,

Larry

soolio

Congrats!!!! I'm hoping to make that my next purchase. The only thing stopping me is similarly or lower priced AG's  :P

vertguy

Nice!

I am in the market as well, but now leaning towards Competition Electronics ProChrono.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

KevinP

Yea, I'm saving up for one with a printer .... missed a few used here and there do to lack of funds ... :(
Kevin
Albany, New York

K.O.

Not married but right now I need to be a bit thrifty and have to stick with my Kludge solution...

My old Celeron  D tower system and an old CRT monitor. The LCD died reflowed a few joins that looked cold soldered and it worked again for just 5 min, arggg.

To say the least not very mobile...

but one of the things it showed me was my PC77 stayed at 508 or so fps at  10-12-15 pumps (still dumping all air, cool) when using Crosman 7.4 pointed .

When I shot Ultra Mags  10.5s  velocity dropped to high 430s at 10 pumps but climbed back to low 470s at 15 pumps.

point is I am sold on the need to have a Chrono it makes tuning and just understanding  these weapons and plinkers so much quicker...

I very much agree do not forget the note book.
1322XLT(2100/13XX hybyid)750 fps @ 16 pumps w/CPHP 14.3g

MK1322(2240/13XX/MK177 hybrid) 805 fps at @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP

about 5 more 13xxs
Two Daisy 953(# 31x Jan. 1985) & (Sept 2004)
2100b (with old style piston)
.25 Mrod (50fpe tune)
.177 BSA Buccaneer (on the way)

1377x

cool beans!
if you don't want to write and have an old laptop setting around get the chronoconnect cable. saves writing time and graphs your string
closed mouths dont get fed

airriflenut

Quote from: 1377x on November 03, 2013, 07:47:08 PM
cool beans!
if you don't want to write and have an old laptop setting around get the chronoconnect cable. saves writing time and graphs your string

Mama has been overly generous on this build, she knew how much it meant for me to build it.  I'm surprised that she let me get the chrony at all so to remain in her good graces I'm gonna stick with pencil and paper for now...there may be a new build or two in the future if I'm a good boy!! :-*
Sterling

airriflenut

FedEx tracking shows the chrony should be delivered to my WalMart tomorrow!!!  I'm going to keep checking and when it shows "delivered" I'd better be getting the "your site-to-store order is ready to be picked up" PDQ or I'll be calling every 10 minutes..."is it ready yet?!?!"

I've waited long enough for a real chrony!!  Went to Bass Pro this morning and got another tin of the RWS Superdome and Super H Hollowpoint (I would have bought all they had but I really don't want to be served with divorce papers!!!) so I will be ready, I've got 3 mods I need to get numbers on.

I'm thinking the Ultimate Beast is using more CO2 than it actually needs, now I can do REAL testing and find out.  I've got about .300" of pre-load on the hammer spring, I just might be able to take it down to the .190" mark, the height of the 10-32 SHCS head for the stock mounting bolt, and still get great velocities.  It does have a reduced weight valve spring and I did open up the valve as well.

I need to get numbers on the 1377 with the "power valve" and see what it's doing with the different pellets it shoots well.  Then there's my wifes 2400KT that is yet to be finished......

And of course there will be rain the next three freakin days and winds too high for distance testing the Beast.  Typical!!!  I'll be posting numbers on them as soon as I get some data logged.

Is it ready yet?!?!
Sterling

bgmcgee

I'm guessing you got walleyworld on the speed dial :P Cool deal on the chrony I know you wil get a bunch of use out of it. I did find a problem with my 1377 the other day while I was working on a friends gammo rifle. Puled the 1377 out while I had my chrony set up and found out it was way down on power . Major leak at the transfer port. It's all good again.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

onebaddj

congrats on the chrony. one of the most used tools i have. your gunna love it.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

airriflenut

Just got the text from WalMart...it's ready for pick-up!!!

May not be able to get it until tomorrow but by gosh I'll be there bright and early if I do have to wait.
Nahhh, I need to go now!!! :D  ;D ;D
Sterling

airriflenut

Yep, decided to go get my new toy, I mean scientific data gathering instrument, tonight!  Like I could actually wait until tomorrow.  ;D ;D

Maybe the rain will hold off long enough tomorrow for me to play for a while.  First up is the Beast, after that is still up in the air.  Now I will KNOW what each of my guns (and my wifes) can do.

Even better, my son called this evening and he wants me to build him a custom .22 pumper for him to pack along on his bicycling adventures...he loves bikes and guns...he comes from a good gene pool!! :-*  At least with the build for him I can get numbers from blister pack to "here ya go son, enjoy!!"
Sterling

mudduck48

Good job!! Buy the best and Duck the rest. I bought my son a 2289G for when he goes geochashing.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.