• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

The 1377 upgrade begins

Started by avator, November 20, 2013, 07:43:48 PM

avator

Just got off the phone with Crosman. Cameron was great to deal with. Ordered the parts to do the barrel. I plan on making my barrel 18" with a little trinket on the business end of it that we are not to discuss. (thanks for the details, you know who you are). The stock should be here today or tomorrow from wallybarn. Cameron assured me that these were the right parts for what I was doing.

1760se-001 24" .177 Barrel    ... $19.07
1389-025 Backpacker Forearm ... $8.75
1389-002 Barrel Band         ...      $4.42
781B012 Barrel Band Screw   ...   $1.15
Shipping                                 ...    $4.00
                                                    ______

Total                                            $37.39

5 to 7 business days for delivery

Headed down to my sister's in southern Alabama for Thanksgiving and spend a couple days. We have successfully enabled her and my brother-in-law. They are up to 4 AGs in the past month. My sister's birthday is also in a couple days. I'm going to give her one of those Chinese B2-1 Break Barrels that I picked up. My brother-in-law has a shop out back with the basics. Drill press and such. . We will do the barrel on my 1377 and de-burr and lube tune her B2-1. I'm going to take all the toys and we plan to celebrate Thanksgiving shooting like Pilgrims. Betty Lou will be in charge of the camera. Stay tuned for pics.

K.O.

1322XLT(2100/13XX hybyid)750 fps @ 16 pumps w/CPHP 14.3g

MK1322(2240/13XX/MK177 hybrid) 805 fps at @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP

about 5 more 13xxs
Two Daisy 953(# 31x Jan. 1985) & (Sept 2004)
2100b (with old style piston)
.25 Mrod (50fpe tune)
.177 BSA Buccaneer (on the way)

avator

I hear there's no way out alive.

airriflenut

Quote from: avator on November 20, 2013, 10:49:28 PM
I hear there's no way out alive.

Nope, you're doomed!!!  Modding is very addicting, I don't think there is any rehab for it either!!!
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

mudduck48

They say, there is no known cure for the crosmantis bug.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

targettgii

Sad but oh so true you poor man.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Tater

Welcome to CAPOF Avator. I recognize ya from GTA.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

avator

Thanks for the welcome guys.
The stock was delivered today... it's like 2 different guns already.
Could someone explain to me what it is ya'll are doing with the 22lr shell casing? I know it has to do with making a spring work smoother but that's all I know.

Trophyhunter49

Welcome! The bug has got you and there is NO hope for you  ;D ;D ;D Hope you have agood Thanksgiving down in LA ( lower Al. LOL)

rangerfredbob

Quote from: avator on November 22, 2013, 04:12:24 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys.
The stock was delivered today... it's like 2 different guns already.
Could someone explain to me what it is ya'll are doing with the 22lr shell casing? I know it has to do with making a spring work smoother but that's all I know.

Take off one grip, remove the spring you see, put the casing at the top side of the spring and reinsert. If you want to lighten the trigger pull (highly recommended) squeeze the spring between your fingers or a pair of pliers until it has about 1/8" of preload when the hammer isn't cocked, a very easy free way for a nice trigger...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

Tater

Quote from: rangerfredbob on November 22, 2013, 08:29:58 AM
Take off one grip, remove the spring you see, put the casing at the top side of the spring and reinsert. If you want to lighten the trigger pull (highly recommended) squeeze the spring between your fingers or a pair of pliers until it has about 1/8" of preload when the hammer isn't cocked, a very easy free way for a nice trigger...

That will really give you a nice, smooth trigger. To add to that, you could also get a lighter spring of the same size at Ace Hardware for <$1.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs