• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2300 grip sleeve

Started by Ray384, November 21, 2013, 12:41:53 AM

Ray384

Has anyone installed a rubber grip sleeve on their 2300 or 2240 grips? If you have, what type and size information would be appreciated.

airriflenut

Interesting idea, I hadn't thought about doing that but it does sound like a great idea for a better feel, especially in summer for sweating hands.

As far as a size recommendation, I'm not really sure.  I would look for the compact pistol sizes but don't go for a double stack sleeve as it would most likely be too large for a snug fit.

Good luck with this!!
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

veen89q

You could also use Heat shrink rubber, you can buy this online in many variations, like sleeves, tubes, tape, wrap, film or caps. you just place it over the grips, and use your heat shrink gun to make the rubber fit your grips perfecly. i would recommend to not do this over plastic grips, because they can melt. just use simple wood grips and make sure you don't have any plastic parts in your grip. also take the handle of the gun if possible to prevent damaging seals!

greetz Michael 8)
Air Arms TDR .177
Steve Corcoran 2250 .22
Airforce TalonP .25 with high flow valve and spinlock tank

Ray384

After wearing google out, I have an idea. Shape wise the Crosman looks a lot like the Ruger Mark II, III.  So I did find a sleeve for them, now to see one in person to see if modification will work.

veen89q

I wouldn't do that, small chance it will fit, i will look on my computer if have pictures from the shrink rubber on my crosman 2240. the nice thing about the shrinkrubber is that you could apply it on both grips seperatly or arount the whole grip and handle, its very cheap to do and you can shape would grips any way you like, the shrink rubber will fitt the grip anyhow!

greetz
Air Arms TDR .177
Steve Corcoran 2250 .22
Airforce TalonP .25 with high flow valve and spinlock tank

BigErn

Some guys have used paracord around the grips and it looks really cool  8)

Paul55

T191032

I applied Ladder/skateboard tape.
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.