• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman MkII Cocking Issues

Started by bazthespazz, December 01, 2013, 12:34:55 AM

bazthespazz

I recently picked up a Crosman MkII for $40.00 and although it's a little rough, it holds pressure and seems to shoot fine. The only problem is the two stage cocking lever seems to only catch on the low stage. I removed the barrel and the hammer spring was bent and the small straight end wasn't going through the small hole in the cocking shaft. I got it straighten out and got it back together correctly but it still only catches on the first stage so you can cock and shoot it at the highest power level. Anybody ever had a similar problem or can give me a suggestion on what I might look for?

breakfastchef

You need to adjust the sear engagement in front of the trigger. Refer to the following information originally penned by Tim McMurray of Mac1 Airguns.

"Trigger adjustment for MKI & II Screw in sear forward of the trigger blade is turned clockwise for sweeter trigger. To set trigger cock gun to the high power setting with open bolt. Turn sear adjust screw until the hammer clicks off high power. Back screw out 1/8th turn and make certain the thing is cocking firmly. If the gun won't go to the high power setting in the first place back off the screw adjust until it does. Then start adjust procedure above."

Larry

bazthespazz

BillK

Thanks from me too Larry.  I just developed this problem and had not done anything about it so far.  Looks to be an easy fix.  That's the kind I can handle.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II