• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Polishing stock parts

Started by chinaboy, December 20, 2013, 05:52:02 PM

chinaboy

I'm deciding on my next build and was wondering how I could get my stock crosman tube, barrel, breech, grip frame to shine with the black finish.   Should I just use a dremmel with a polishing tip? 

eric

so, lets see if i am reading this correctly --- you want to have shiny BLACK parts, car wax or something might work ,a gloss coat maybe  ???
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

chinaboy

Yes, I want shiny black parts. 

1377x

i would duracote or ceracote the parts if you long lasting shine
i have a tube the was done with black duracote its nice and shiny and wont dull
closed mouths dont get fed

chinaboy

Where does one find duracoat?  Lowes?  And do I need to bake the peaces with this stuff?  Do I still need to polish? ???

1377x

google search turned this up
http://lauerweaponry.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=612

there are other links also like ebay or brownells
some is bake on some is air dry
someone did the paint for me i dont know what the process used was but if you look at some of crosshairs' guns he used duracote on his guns. maybe he will chime in. hint hint
closed mouths dont get fed

BigErn

How about rubbing down the gun with Remoil or something like that. That's what I do.

BDS

Polish the part,s and have them black chromed or...high gloss powder coat.
Brian

eaSTS9

What would I have to do to polish them to be silver?  :P is thatpossible on the trigger grip frames? Do I need fancy/expensive tools or can it be done with steel wool and some wax or something similar? Help I noob!
Eric - CT

droid

Quote from: eaSTS9 on January 06, 2014, 04:33:02 AM
What would I have to do to polish them to be silver?  :P is thatpossible on the trigger grip frames? Do I need fancy/expensive tools or can it be done with steel wool and some wax or something similar? Help I noob!

Just polish the blueing off the barrel and tube, you dont really need fancy tools but it would make life easier with a polisher. Use wet n dry paper in progressively fine grits.

Same applies to the grip frame, take the paint off with just good old fashioned elbow grease you will get it shiny. Just keep it polished or it will soon dullen.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk