• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

easiest/cheapest way to fill prod up?

Started by eaSTS9, January 06, 2014, 07:01:56 PM

breakfastchef

Quote from: mr007s on January 08, 2014, 11:54:22 PM
Not all of us feel that way. We really should try to explain better. Forgive us for short answers but what you seek will take some time to assemble and type.
Stay tuned, we should and will.

Thanks for running with this Ray. You will go down in the anals annals of CAPOF history with such an historic effort.

Many times when I answer a question on this forum, I tend to write a lot of words. I write all those words with consideration of the experience level of the forum members asking the question. Full names of sources, http links and in-depth descriptions may be helpful. Rarely do I ever post that someone should use the search function, rather, I tend to just not answer those questions that would otherwise prompt me to respond in such a fashion.

And, Brian, I understand where you are coming from. Really, I do.
Larry

quickster47 †

Hmm, I tend to agree with everyone about this.

It does seem, however, that we do answer the same questions over and over, again and again, rinse and repeat.  From my background I learned a long time ago that searching for data is not that difficult and one would be surprised what shows up.  CAPOF has a tremendous amount of information buried in its threads and it really doesn't take that much to cull out what you need using the search function.

Try it, you'll probably like it.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Davio

My place of business is about 150 yards from the Dive Shop in my town.  He fills my tank to 4500 psi and I use it for my MRod and my Disco.  I get about a dozen or more fills to 3000 and 2000 respectively between the two.  The cost for each fill is $5.  I am very pleased with this setup.

I got this rig:  http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Venturi_Carbon_Fiber_Air_Tank_Fill_Station_4500_PSI_90_Cu_In/4708
The sale of my Mrod pump helped cover the cost of the tank and fill station.
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

eaSTS9

Quote from: BDS on January 08, 2014, 11:38:48 PM
Once...   "Btw you guys should explain in step by step noob version. What these shoebox compressors and other things are? I would definetly save up while using my hand pump in the meantime...even though the Prod is my only PCP gun. I'm slowly moving away from Co2 and sticking with PCP, multi pump, and Nitro/Gas pistons lol"

Twice ...
"You guys should let me know what tunes/mods to do to the gun once it arrives, stuff thats really needed for a stock one."

Not waiting for a Third time. The words "you guys should" seem to be pretty common in your vocabulary... how about "can you point me to?" or a PM for help to a member who appears to be knowledgeable on your topic?

There are archives and huge threads here on all of the topics you are interested in, search time is required, is that a problem?

There are professional people and members here who don't typically answer to "you guys should" so, feel fortunate that you have gotten this much response and help up until now. You are not on a skateboard/shredder forum.

Umm usually when I post I'm on a phone at work and its hard to loads pages to search. I said should meaning its an option not forcing yoiu togiveme info even though from my experience everyone has been very helpful and informative. I didn't know skateboarding forums ran that way...sorry I offended you but I didn't personally ask you to tell me anytghing.next time I will wait till I am home to do a proper search..don't want anyone angry with me. Sorry

However thank you very much for the people who linked me very good info and helped me learn stuff from community members who dontmind spendinga few minutes to post a link. Thanks its very appreciated when I get home and openthe links!
Eric - CT

eaSTS9

So these small tanks you're linking. Basically good for 1 3000psi fill on my gun then I need to bring it to a store t fill it again right?to fill it myself id need a compressor right? Thx again
Eric - CT

Fronzdan

Here's a fill calculator for Crosman guns..
http://www.crosman.com/university/fill-calculator

Here's a general use one...
http://www.calc.sikes.us/2/

You just enter the tank size, fill pressure, your air reservoir size and your fill/refill numbers.

eaSTS9

Quote from: Fronzdan on January 12, 2014, 05:24:58 AM
Here's a fill calculator for Crosman guns..
http://www.crosman.com/university/fill-calculator

Here's a general use one...
http://www.calc.sikes.us/2/

You just enter the tank size, fill pressure, your air reservoir size and your fill/refill numbers.
Very nice,thank you!
Eric - CT

Davio

Quote from: eaSTS9 on January 12, 2014, 02:46:22 AM
So these small tanks you're linking. Basically good for 1 3000psi fill on my gun then I need to bring it to a store t fill it again right?to fill it myself id need a compressor right? Thx again
Oh HELL no!   :o  The tank fills to 4500 and will fill just the MRod 10 to 12 times.  I shoot down to 2000 psi and top off over and over.  If I only had the disco I would get about 3 times that.  Since I use it for both I may get 6 or 8 fills of the MRod and another 12 or more on the Disco.  After I am down below 3000 on the tank it will still fill the Disco to 2000 and shoot down to 1000 before topping off many times.
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177