357 Storage

Started by Randy033, January 10, 2014, 09:22:03 PM

Randy033

I recently bought an old style 357 (not a vigilante) and have been reading up on them. I've read different views on storage, some say to leave a pressurized cartridge in it and some say to remove the cartridge.  I'm looking for comments on the correct way from anyone who has past experience with a 357.   Thanks

Randy
Randy

2240 Desert Storm                     1377
2300 KT                                    Vigilante
Swiss Arms  1911                      Colt Commander 1911
Umarex 1911 A1 Nickel              Umarex 1911 A1 Gloss
Walther CP88 Comp  Nickel         Gamo PT-80

breakfastchef

There are always differing opinions about this. I am not sure it really much matters. I generally will leave a charge in a CO2 gun if I plan to empty the cartridge within a week. Otherwise, I will store it empty. The long term disadvantage to storing a CO2 gun for long periods of time are possible deformation of the CO2 face seal on the valve, and, of course, the possible safety issue of you not remembering if there is a charge in the gun or not when you finally take it from storage.

I tend to follow the advice here -

http://co2airguns.net/Collection/technical_data/CO2_Cylinders_Seals.htm
Larry

mudduck48

Ditto on what the chef says. I store all my CO2 guns empty, no cart and now ammo in them. ;)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

woody67

I usually store mine as it is when im finished with it. If it has co2 left, i leave it. If it runs out, i take the cartridge out.

I use mine all the time though, so it doesnt sit for more than a couple of days without being shot.

I think wither way is fine.