• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Did the simple trigger tweak on my 1377

Started by Moonray13, January 26, 2014, 02:27:31 AM

Moonray13

Took a minute to remove the grip and compress the spring to lighten the trigger. I overdid it a bit at first and it would not cock, but I stretched it back out a bit. Tested it safely by pointing in a safe direction and banging the butt on the table and it fired. Several more adjustments later and I've got a feather-light trigger that significantly reduced my group size. Easy tweak that makes a huge difference. I'm glad I found you guys. :)

The steel breech will probably be next, but I'm going back and forth between wanting iron sights (like the Industry Brand Rear Field Sight at Archer Airguns) or attaching a scope since I'm using the Crosman stock and leaning toward the gun being a carbine.

This is a backyard shooter only. I don't shoot at anything with a face, but I do like my targets to have holes dead center. Accuracy makes me smile.
Ray

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare."
-- Juma Ikangaa, Tanzanian marathoner

breakfastchef

Also look at aluminum aftermarket breeches. They are significantly lighter than steel. Forum member fivestar45 makes a fantastic breech modeled after the Crosman variety, but with tighter tolerances with no slop in the bolt. He offers several options. They are a little more expensive, but are a very reliable custom option that works so much better.

Pick an optic that allows you to shoot either as a pistol or a carbine. Plenty of scopes with AO out there; dot sights, too.
Larry

DBOdude

i did the same thing , made a big difference . did you smooth out the contact point between the trigger and sear and put some lube on it ? it really helps a lot too . 
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

quickster47 †

As breakfastchef mentioned take some time and look for the aluminum breech by fivestar45. It is well worth the money spent and will make handling your 1377 lots easier.

Nice job so far.  You might also consider adding the 1701P trgger frame to your 1377.  The parts are inexpensive and it is a pretty easy mod.  But the best thing about the mod is that you will have a true 2-stage adjustable trigger and that makes a significant difference in shooting.

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,4561.0.html

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Tater

Not that I have any $, but do you guys have a link to fivestars breeches? I like to dream...
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

vertguy

Quote from: quickster47 on January 26, 2014, 05:22:23 AM
As breakfastchef mentioned take some time and look for the aluminum breech by fivestar45. It is well worth the money spent and will make handling your 1377 lots easier.

Nice job so far.  You might also consider adding the 1701P trgger frame to your 1377.  The parts are inexpensive and it is a pretty easy mod.  But the best thing about the mod is that you will have a true 2-stage adjustable trigger and that makes a significant difference in shooting.

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,4561.0.html

Carl

I just completed the trigger mod on my 1377 and 2240. No comparison to even the Archer Air supersear, which I originally had on both.

Quote from: Tater on January 26, 2014, 07:06:03 PM
Not that I have any $, but do you guys have a link to fivestars breeches? I like to dream...

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,10516.msg126862.html#msg126862
PC77
FX Verminator .22

Moonray13

I own a hammer and a screwdriver and I once changed the fluorescent tubes in my kitchen all by myself. If a mod involves buying something I can attach with a provided allen wrench or stretching out a spring, I can do it. When you guys start talking about cutting, sanding, polishing, grinding, drilling, tapping, bending, lathing, etc., you're way beyond my capabilities. Not only do I not have the tools, I wouldn't even know how to begin. I can throw a little money at a project, but I've been over my head many times with things I thought I could do myself and couldn't. I'm too old and wise for that now. A decent backyard plinker that's been improved with some bolt-on parts is all I'm gonna be capable of. But as I said, I've been over my head before...  :D
Ray

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare."
-- Juma Ikangaa, Tanzanian marathoner

T191032

Doing the simple spring compress is a great mod for a better trigger without going to the trouble some of us do going to Ace and getting the lighter spring.  Though it never hurts to have them (the Ace spring) around, too.   ;)
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

Noah

Quote from: Moonray13 on January 26, 2014, 10:16:01 PM
I own a hammer and a screwdriver and I once changed the fluorescent tubes in my kitchen all by myself. If a mod involves buying something I can attach with a provided allen wrench or stretching out a spring, I can do it. When you guys start talking about cutting, sanding, polishing, grinding, drilling, tapping, bending, lathing, etc., you're way beyond my capabilities. Not only do I not have the tools, I wouldn't even know how to begin. I can throw a little money at a project, but I've been over my head many times with things I thought I could do myself and couldn't. I'm too old and wise for that now. A decent backyard plinker that's been improved with some bolt-on parts is all I'm gonna be capable of. But as I said, I've been over my head before...  :D

I am the exact same way when it comes to modifying Crosmans. I would much rather pay to have it done right the first time because I will just mess everything up if I try myself.  ???
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

Tater

Thanks for the link vertguy. The breeches look very nice.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Davio

I never hear any talk about clipping springs.  Am I the only one that will do this if needed?  ??? 

Oh, I undercut a few early on, but I have my measurements now.  I mean I rarely even need to do it because of PA's and adjustable sear springs, but I ALWAYS clip the adjustable sear springs and then raise up to perfection.

If I clip a hammer spring, I cut the ass end and slap a delrin guide on it.  For the sear spring I put the cut side down (whether to the frame or onto an adjuster).

And if you want full out, the 760 spring is great with a few rounds off it.  It is stronger and longer and will bind if un-clipped.
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

ped

i clip hammer springs if needed but prefer to lighten the hammer to bring power down to try and avoid hammer bounce as for sear springs i replace them with a much lighter one but you have to fit a guide as they tend to have a bit of side ways deflection
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

rangerfredbob

The stock sear spring takes very well to being compressed and it's so easy so that's just what I do, the stock sear spring is so coarsely wound that I just prefer that... that and making the spring shorter by compressing it effectively reduces it's spring rate, while cutting it increases the rate. Spring steel is pretty hard on wire cutters too and I don't have any that are good enough for repeated spring cutting :)
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...