• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2240 power adjuster advice

Started by kev02, January 26, 2014, 02:52:35 PM

kev02

Hi every im wanting to know when I fit the new power adjuster to my pistol will it be wise to also get the spring with the guide rod or will the original one be ok to use.
atb kev02  :)

Paul55

I use PAs on three of mine without a guide & they seem OK.

droid

Not necessary Kev but you know you will be yearning for one if you dont get one.

So save yourself the heartache and just get one in the first place.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

breakfastchef

This is my opinion.

I recommend a spring guide when using a power adjuster (PA). When you twist the PA adjustment screw, it grinds on the back of the spring. When you have a fair bit of pressure on the hammer spring, you may even find that the spring wants to fight you from setting the adjustment screw just where you want it. If your PA does not have a mechanism to lock in your setting, the torsional movement of the spring will cause the PA adjustment screw to move over time. We are not talking a lot of movement, but your setting may be compromised.

The spring guide not only minimizes kinking of the hammer spring, but places a smooth buffer between the spring and your PA adjustment screw. I think it smooths out the system and allows the movement of the hammer spring to be placed on the guide, not directly on the PA adjuster screw.
Larry

droid

Quote from: breakfastchef on January 26, 2014, 03:58:21 PM
This is my opinion.

I recommend a spring guide when using a power adjuster (PA). When you twist the PA adjustment screw, it grinds on the back of the spring. When you have a fair bit of pressure on the hammer spring, you may even find that the spring wants to fight you from setting the adjustment screw just where you want it. If your PA does not have a mechanism to lock in your setting, the torsional movement of the spring will cause the PA adjustment screw to move over time. We are not talking a lot of movement, but your setting may be compromised.

The spring guide not only minimizes kinking of the hammer spring, but places a smooth buffer between the spring and your PA adjustment screw. I think it smooths out the system and allows the movement of the hammer spring to be placed on the guide, not directly on the PA adjuster screw.

There you go, Larry knows  :-*

All of my PAs have them built in.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

Paul55

Quote from: droid on January 26, 2014, 04:21:13 PM
There you go, Larry knows  :-*

All of my PAs have them built in.

I think I need to rethink  :-[

BillK

The PAs that I have from Cothran, AC Customs & Mountainair all have spring guides built in.  The Crosman PA does come w/a separate guide.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II