• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Strange Crosman Ad

Started by BDS, February 07, 2014, 08:10:25 PM

BDS

So I get this email from PA with this Subject... Marauder is dead. Long live the Marauder! which takes you to the PA page...    http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Benjamin_Marauder_Air_Rifle/1774?utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Marauder+is+dead.+Long+live+the+Marauder%21&utm_content=02%2F07%2F2014&utm_campaign=Marauder+is+dead.+Long+live+the+Marauder%21

... for the new MRod

Seems strange to call the original, best received PCP rifle ever made... "Dead"? Isn't that a comment on all of the poor "saps" who bought the orig MRod?

I don't get it PA, new and much improved, ya, previous model Dead? Bad choice of words.  >:(
Brian

breakfastchef

Maybe Josh had an off day when that got approved.
Larry

quickster47 †

Same advertisement/propaganda/spin team that McNamara used when he did the Edsel.  :D

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

BDS

We may be just a few of the CAPOF team old enough to remember that, and the Edsel too. Long live push-button shifters!
Brian

quickster47 †

Quote from: BDS on February 07, 2014, 08:49:29 PM
We may be just a few of the CAPOF team old enough to remember that, and the Edsel too. Long live push-button shifters!

Why doesn't this forum have a 'Like' button?  :-*

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

BDS

:D  ;D  ;D

Ya dude.. you guys are like.. livin in the 80's ok?

Now fix my gun for me ;)
Brian

quickster47 †

"Kids, I don't know what's wrong with these kids today."

From the movie Bye Bye Birdie, a 1963 film, based on the stage musical of 1960.  Some of Broadway's most memorable songs come from this satire of Elvis Presley's army induction. Conrad Birdie, the teenage idol, is drafted and agrees to sing a farewell song to a devoted fan on TV. Songs include "Kids," "Put on a Happy Face," "We Love You, Conrad."

Sigh...

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

BDS

"We Love You, Conrad." Oh yes we do-ooh...

Carl you made me dredge-up some oldies and run e'm thru the scanner.. here goes :-*
Brian

BDS

And a couple more, including some 220 pound Marine when most of it was chest and legs, not his belly!
Brian

quickster47 †

Man oh man, Brian, this thread is getting older and older and stranger and stranger and our ages are showing big time.

We now return control of this thread to the "Strange Crosman Ad" and leave the "Strange World of Brian and Carl" far, far behind in the near distant future.  :D

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

BDS

Agree... the gold-diggers must be 80 yrs old by now?  :o :( >:(  :-*
Brian

quickster47 †

Quote from: BDS on February 07, 2014, 11:42:07 PM
Agree... the gold-diggers must be 80 yrs old by now?  :o :( >:(  :-*

LIKE - LIKE - LIKE - LIKE - LIKE - LIKE - LIKE - LIKE - LIKE - LIKE

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

BDS

Brian

T191032

There was/is a thread over on the Crosman "Green" with that "Dead" theme to it.  Think it was started by Chip at Crosman.

Point being the original  Marauder will be history, look at the "new, improved" upgraded  Marauder.   :-*

Cheers.
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

OrbeaRider70

I saw that too and thought it was just a play on words.  But yes your right the only thing I can see they did was change the wood stock with and adjustable cheek piece and added the mod that has been around for years....the depinger!  Heck I never did the depinger thinking it was an issue quite honestly.  As far as the stock goes...............well I have a Boyds Blaster thumbhole by Discos R Us which still makes the new version coming rather dismal.

I am sure they will sell plenty.  They still should offer that rifle in a well received wood thumbhole personally.  That is why I bought the stock for my M-Rod.