• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Advice on a Vitron unrestricted port

Started by Bazmati2020, February 11, 2014, 01:46:19 PM

Bazmati2020

Arrived this morning, slight misshape to brass (Ver very minor) from being in Jiffy bag.  Fitted (instructions included) to 13xx.

Ran through crono......same within 3fps of original......... :-[

Mine you just measured original and with a ruler so some potential for being out, I make it 4mm internal anyway.

Will see what happens when I fit to 2300

johnf1966

Hi Baz,

I have unrestricted steel ports in both the ratcatcher and the new 2240.  They  have the thick seal on the valve side and also a very small oring on the barrel side. Speaking to Keith and Paul W. at  the club one day  and Paul was telling us if you loose the very small oring you can get them  out of a disposable lighter (any  pound shop, Be very careful busting open new lighters as they are under high pressure and they go  with a bang).  Might be worth a try.  I have a few spare ones here somewhere and will put them in my  bag for the next  time we meet up at LV.

regards

John
One can  never have enough guns,... Modded crosman 2240 (.177), Modded Ratcatcher 2250B, Umarex Beretta 92 ( for IPAS)
Umarex Colt 1911 (modded for IPAS, Iron plate Action shooting), Brocock Grand Prix HFT comps, weihrauch hw45 (.177 and 22) AA Prosport tuned and BSA R-10

ped

i think they'll work better with co2/hpa but to get full benefit you'll have to increase the port in the barrel to match and i personally wouldn't put one in a uk pistol
remember uk pistols have a 2.8mm tp to keep them under 6fpe
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Bazmati2020

John thanks mate, already tried the little o ring (it's a little up the thread) I found a lighter the other day but it was half filled, I broke in a plastic bag because I was concerned about spray but wasn't expecting the Big Bang) :D

Ped it's not made any difference mate, the original was 4mm anyway and way under 6ftlbs probably as you say because it's air not CO2.  I'm going to leave it alone now I think (though might try 13xx TP in the 2300 just to see.