• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

effects of water on trajectory.

Started by onebaddj, February 15, 2014, 03:15:33 PM

onebaddj

made a pretty interesting observation yesterday while shooting solo cups full of water. i lined up 12 filled them with water and triple checked the angle from the shooting position to make sure they were lined up. used the 22 condor again loaded up with 25 gr jsb momsters set at 4/4 and pumped to 2700 psi. the range was 25 yards. let it rip and destroyed the first 4 nicked the 5th. ok i must have boogered it up. reset the targets shoot again got 3 this time hit to the left of center and pellet continued to the left. the best i could get was 6 of the 12 cups before the pellets were deflected completely off target. i knew the taget would affect the path but didnt think solo cups of water would have this affects on my condor. spent about an hour knocking down targets with my son then wrapped it up. he is getting quite good at shooting accuratly.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

0351_Vet

Great observation DJ. I would have thought the would have made it through all 12. Interesting.  :-*
(You getting ready for your move?)  :D
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

woody67

Good point, but I think you're ignoring the effect of the pellet hitting the plastic of the cups...that's multiple impacts, not just a clean pass through water.

I would think water would cause the pellet to move in a different direction even without the cups there. Since the pellet is spinning, I would think it would grab into the water and slice off into a direction either left or right, or maybe lift or drop even...