• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2240 mod

Started by kev02, February 15, 2014, 04:10:26 PM

GamoGat

Here in the UK 2240's are marketed and sold as "Rat Buster's"  a back up for the 2250 Rat Catcher.  One company does a fitted cased set of a 2240,  red dot on intermounts,  and UK spec "muzzle brake" for pest control useage.

Just start blasting away at targets,  learn the feel of it,  work on grouping then center the groups on the target,  then move to small targets,  say match boxes and wine bottle corks,  moving down to beer bottle tops,  get real good with shot placement,  and reloading in case you need a fast follow up shot.

KevinP

One company does a fitted cased set of a 2240,
oh we need a link or pic of this ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

GamoGat

will have a rummage, back in 10 mins

GamoGat

I was going to just take  a photo of the magazine advert,  but the picture has the "S" word muzzle brake.

So unsure of falling foul of forum rules,  here's the link to the shop in the UK. 
Mods if this is wrong please correct me.

www.johnforsey.co.uk/agwpistols.html

In case the link is bad,  it's called a Super Ratbuster sold by john forsey co uk  full 6ft lbs/muzzle brake/Hawke red dot on barrel intermounts/supplied in a MTM ABS case  £199

T191032

Don't sweat it Dagonet.  I was on another (UK, I think) board reading and they kept talking about their "Wells Fargo" rifle.  http://www.johnforsey.co.uk/agwco2_walther_wells_fargo.html .  Heck, I didn't know it had a "name", other than as the Walther Lever Action. http://www.umarexusa.com/Walther-Lever-Action-Black.html#.UwJXg_ldWb4  LOL

It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

Paul55

Quote from: T191032 on February 17, 2014, 07:41:16 PM
Don't sweat it Dagonet.  I was on another (UK, I think) board reading and they kept talking about their "Wells Fargo" rifle.  http://www.johnforsey.co.uk/agwco2_walther_wells_fargo.html .  Heck, I didn't know it had a "name", other than as the Walther Lever Action. http://www.umarexusa.com/Walther-Lever-Action-Black.html#.UwJXg_ldWb4  LOL

The Wells Fargo is another version that has a Wells Fargo inspired scene on the brass coloured receiver.  It looks a bit Mickey Mouse IMO

GamoGat

On a random note.
Was looking into target clubs for when i move later this year,  the term "gallery gun" cropped up a lot,  turns out the range clubs are better where i am going and a "gallery gun" is the clubs winchester lever action .357 rifles for running boar target  :D 
Quite like the stainless look Walther lever action,  but it's not a 2240  ;)

sshewins

Well if for some strange reason the bat flys out of your hands and pegs the bat girl (wife), when she comes to, your probably going to wish you had used the 2240 in the first place.

Then again, if you forget to use the safety and accidentally shoot the bat girl in the foot, she'll be using the bat on you.

Translation: practice, practice, and more practice. And use that safety.  ;D
Scott

Finally... Got me a crosman bug out 2289

blacksmith99

Quote from: Dagonet on February 17, 2014, 06:02:55 PM
Here in the UK 2240's are marketed and sold as "Rat Buster's"  a back up for the 2250 Rat Catcher.  One company does a fitted cased set of a 2240,  red dot on intermounts,  and UK spec "muzzle brake" for pest control useage.

Just start blasting away at targets,  learn the feel of it,  work on grouping then center the groups on the target,  then move to small targets,  say match boxes and wine bottle corks,  moving down to beer bottle tops,  get real good with shot placement,  and reloading in case you need a fast follow up shot.

After all the cigars, wine, and beer, how would I hit the rat?

Ha!

Davio

Quote from: blacksmith99 on February 21, 2014, 04:55:44 AM
After all the cigars, wine, and beer, how would I hit the rat?

Ha!
Just slap your own face when you feel (through the passed out drunken stupor) him starting to eat your nose.  :-*
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177