• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2240 and pellets

Started by kev02, February 15, 2014, 08:55:01 PM

kev02

Hi guys you have probably been asked this question many times but what are the best pellets to use in my 2240 as I do a little rat shooting and the odd target practice.
Atb kev02  :-*

breakfastchef

The gun barrel generally tells you what it prefers. Start cheap (Crosman, Daisy and Gamo at Walmart) and work your way up the food chain. Another option is to buy a sampler from Straight Shooters. Last option is to ask if anyone would sell you a sample of what they may have on hand.

A few varieties I've had some luck with include Crosman Premier Ultra Magnum, H&N Sport, RWS Hobby, and JSB Exact.
Larry

mudduck48

And buy lots of CO2 carts. My 2240s I can only get 40 or so shots out of a cart.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

1377x

crosman domed works good for plinking and pesting
like said earlier get a sampler kit
doesnt pa sell one too? ???
closed mouths dont get fed

AS13

Myself I find the Crosman premier hollow points to be a good all around choice. As mentioned, get that barrel seasoned with 500-1000 rounds. Try different brands and pick the best for your AG. My 2240 shoots the inexpensive Daisy flats and pointed very accurately. The H&N sports (wadcutters) are a bit more accurate then the CPHP's in my gun.
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

T191032

"Hi guys you have probably been asked this question many times "

Yup, see this thread : http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,13516.0.html

Quote from: mudduck48 on February 15, 2014, 09:27:16 PM
And buy lots of CO2 carts. My 2240s I can only get 40 or so shots out of a cart.

My base model "Stock" 2240 gets 40 good shots.  When I first tested it for the "long haul" shots, I got 50 & determined 40 "safe & sure" was good to go for that one.  I like getting 60+ from the .177 1740 Target w/ it's Power Adjuster though.

So that's a +2 (or is it three?) for the 40-count packs of Co2 Powelets you can snag at Wal-Mart for $19.96.  Also, think there is a thread on bulk pack Co2 if you're gonna really have some CO2 burner fun.   :-* 
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

KevinP

Crosman premier hollow points are my all around pellet of choice  .....   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

brz-ryder †

Different barrels different pellets i got lucky when i first got my 2260 tried the JBS exact jumbo rs diabolo and it loved them 

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

kev02

Cheers guys thsnks for all the feedback,
atb kev02 :-*

redpcx

Back in the old days, there was very little choice in pellets.  Crosman wadcutters was probably all you were going to find.
If you had something really exotic, you had only the store you bought the gun from, as a source.
Really exotic was  a Benjamin or Sheridan.  Did they both take the same weird pellet?
Of course, if you were using pellets, rather than BBs, you were pretty sophisticated.

I found some old pellets in the basement, plastic boxes with molded on folding lids, and steel boxes with sliding lids.
When fired at paper, the torn hole indicated keyholing!  I was shocked.  maybe a little corroded?
Does anybody collect old boxes?

Or even better, anybody want some samples?

CO2Freak

RWS Hobbies or H&N Sport (Stoeger X-Sport as well, they are just labelled H&Ns)... both are lightweights with 11 and 13 grain... And accurate too  :)