• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman Barrels?

Started by redpcx, February 21, 2014, 01:00:09 PM

redpcx

I just bought a bunch of spares & parts for a project or two, from Crosman parts.
I got a .22 barrel in 14.5 length, 2250-019.  it looks a little rough.  It is not as smooth as the barrel on the 2289 it is meant to replace.
Circular ridges down the length of the barrel.  I am not sure if I can get a pic comparing the two Barrels.
My Question is:  Is this normal or defective?   On military arms, a finish like this would be ok, as it would be less reflective.  I will check the diameter later today, I hope.
Are the barrels polished as the guns are assembled?   Doesn't seem likely.
I'm not even sure if I like it this way or not.  I could say it is a special low reflective finish. 
The bluing looked ok, on a quick inspection.
And the parts pricing is pretty good, AMAZING pricing, for the most part.
Interesting policy, minimum price is 1.15.
Tiny O-ring:  $1.15
Nickle Plated Trigger: $1.15  (1300-018)
ANybody else order this Barrel?

breakfastchef

Sometimes Crosman barrels are smooth, other times the outside is rough like a nail file. Same with the crowns and lead-in. If the barrel is accurate, there are ways to improve the appearance.
Larry

redpcx

Nail file!  Yes, that is the perfect description.  A fine serrated finish. 
It will almost certainly be more accurate than I am.
I know how to make round things smooth, but I think I will just leave it alone.
I'll call it a low reflective finish.
Stealth!

T191032

Quote from: redpcx on February 21, 2014, 01:00:09 PM
I just bought a bunch of spares & parts for a project or two, from Crosman parts.
I got a .22 barrel in 14.5 length, 2250-019.  it looks a little rough.  It is not as smooth as the barrel on the 2289 it is meant to replace.
Circular ridges down the length of the barrel.  I am not sure if I can get a pic comparing the two Barrels.
My Question is:  Is this normal or defective?   On military arms, a finish like this would be ok, as it would be less reflective.  I will check the diameter later today, I hope.
<snip>
ANybody else order this Barrel?

Yep.  Put one on a 1377 to 1322 conversion - see here : http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,13510.0.html
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.