• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Accuracy potential of a crosman barrel.

Started by Colt25, February 23, 2014, 05:27:13 AM

airriflenut

Nice work!!  It looks like you are on the right track to resolve the accuracy woes.  Parallax can be a BIG factor in the ability to shoot tighter groups, if the reticle is not in focus with the target it can be very difficult to maintain an exact point of aim.

I use a Leapers/UTG 3-12 SWAT on the Beast.  This scope has had some VERY hard knocks but it has not faltered once, even with a direct fall onto the windage while mounted on the 10+ pound Beat!  On my 1377 build I did in '12 I mounted  Leapers/UTG red dot on it since I made it in pistol configuration, no parallax issues with a dot sight.

On another note, you mentioned that you used your wood lathe to recrown the barrel...AWESOME!!  I, too have used my Jet 1014VSI for recrowning and making some of my own gun parts.  From one woodturner to another, what lathe do you have?  What do you turn?
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

Colt25

Quote from: airriflenut on February 27, 2014, 10:14:52 PM
Nice work!!  It looks like you are on the right track to resolve the accuracy woes.  Parallax can be a BIG factor in the ability to shoot tighter groups, if the reticle is not in focus with the target it can be very difficult to maintain an exact point of aim.

I use a Leapers/UTG 3-12 SWAT on the Beast.  This scope has had some VERY hard knocks but it has not faltered once, even with a direct fall onto the windage while mounted on the 10+ pound Beat!  On my 1377 build I did in '12 I mounted  Leapers/UTG red dot on it since I made it in pistol configuration, no parallax issues with a dot sight.

On another note, you mentioned that you used your wood lathe to recrown the barrel...AWESOME!!  I, too have used my Jet 1014VSI for recrowning and making some of my own gun parts.  From one woodturner to another, what lathe do you have?  What do you turn?

I have a Grizzly G0426, the same lathe on their website except the tailstock looks a bit different.
I hold the ball burr in a  handle tap wrench and it works great.

I like to turn black walnut and cherry. I'll show some of my turnings sometime.

Colt25

Quote from: eric on February 27, 2014, 10:10:55 PM
I'm starting to wonder if the elongated group and flyer were caused by scope parallax... or crappy pellets ???

I'm using crosman wadcutters, but I will try some R10's sometime this week.
I don't think it's the pellets, crosman pellets are actually fairly good out to 50 yards in all my rifles. Cheap but great for plinking.....