• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman factory

Started by Squallywally, March 03, 2014, 03:42:35 PM

Squallywally

Does Crosman have a retail shop at the factory? Be great if they did. It would be nice if one could go in and order a custom shop gun over the counter, subway style.
Sample dialogue.
What would you like on this 2300?
Customer: a little steel breech,some cocobolo. Oh how bout some lother barrel, some brass, oh,  Williams sight.
Hold the honey mustard and I don't want it toasted.
;D

arkmaker †

Add a little Williams Notch for me...would ya be so kind? and maybe that camo stock and foregrip??  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

KevinP

To the best of my knowledge they do not have a retail store and you cannot stop by to get parts ...
Kevin
Albany, New York

BillK

I'll take a 2300 with everything on it & a small pell gun oil.   Ya, I would like pellets with that.  Thanks.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Fronzdan

I'll take the new Mrod with an Eva Shockey to go, please.

arkmaker †

Quote from: Fronzdan on March 04, 2014, 06:58:44 AM
I'll take the new Mrod with an Eva Shockey to go, please.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You and a bunch of us! Do they have the clone machine working yet??
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

karatekid1975

Nope. No retail shop in the factory. They do have the "custom shop" but that's where they build your custom gun AFTER you order it. You can't just walk in and order one over the counter Subway style  :D ;D The factory is closed to the public, unless you sign up for a tour.
Laurie

Crosman 2240 pistol
Crosman Quest 1000x rifle
Crosman stock 760 (1972) pump master
RWS 34 Diana rifle
Former Crosman employee ;)

OrbeaRider70

They may not want you to see where the magic occurs! ;)

OrbeaRider70

Quote from: punchpressqueen75 on March 05, 2014, 08:26:58 AM
Nope. No retail shop in the factory. They do have the "custom shop" but that's where they build your custom gun AFTER you order it. You can't just walk in and order one over the counter Subway style  :D ;D The factory is closed to the public, unless you sign up for a tour.

I see you use to work there.  So what did you do there?  Did you build those little gems!!!

Squallywally

Quote from: punchpressqueen75 on March 05, 2014, 08:26:58 AM

To bad they don't. I would drive the 750 miles to Crosman to get a custom shop gun.
You may be asking" why don't you order one?"
We'll let me tell ya.
I live in Illinois, not in the 234 square mile area along the shores of Lake Michigan, I live in  the other 57,681 square miles. There are many restrictions in the 234 square mile area and apparently Crosman thinks that everyone who is from Illinois lives in Chicago, so they blanket ban shipping airguns to Illinois. It's not just powerful large caliber airguns they refuse to ship, the venerable 760 is also excluded. There is a law restricting the shipment of "firearms" to the state of Illinois which erroneously included many airguns but that confusion has been cleared up. Except Crosman somehow isn't getting the message. I guess it is too difficult for them to figure out where the restrictions are and where they are not and what is restricted and what is not.  Too bad, they would be getting a lot of my disposable income.

Pyramyd air has it figured out and they do get a lot of my cash but you can't get a custom shop gun from pyramyd air.

vertguy

Wow... I did not realize you had it so bad in IL. Thankfully the state to your north is unrestricted. What part of IL as I am just east of Lake Geneva?
PC77
FX Verminator .22

mudduck48

Quote from: Squallywally on March 07, 2014, 03:30:47 AM
To bad they don't. I would drive the 750 miles to Crosman to get a custom shop gun.
We'll let me tell ya.
I live in Illinois, not in the 234 square mile area along the shores of Lake Michigan, I live in  the other 57,681 square miles. There are many restrictions in the 234 square mile area and apparently Crosman thinks that everyone who is from Illinois lives in Chicago, so they blanket ban shipping airguns to Illinois. It's not just powerful large caliber airguns they refuse to ship, the venerable 760 is also excluded. There is a law restricting the shipment of "firearms" to the state of Illinois which erroneously included many airguns but that confusion has been cleared up. Except Crosman somehow isn't getting the message. I guess it is too difficult for them to figure out where the restrictions are and where they are not and what is restricted and what is not.  Too bad, they would be getting a lot of my disposable income.

Pyramyd air has it figured out and they do get a lot of my cash but you can't get a custom shop gun from pyramyd air.
Why not have one of you cousins in a another state order one for you and just mail it to you. ??? ??? ???
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

BillK

MI says any air gun under 30" length is considered a "firearm".  Crosman just doesn't ship anything to MI.  So I have ordered from the custom shop, paid for the gun and had it shipped to a friend in IN.  He then sends it to me.  PIA but, "a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do."
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Tater

Quote from: Squallywally on March 07, 2014, 03:30:47 AM
We'll let me tell ya.

I can verify this. Same thing with Walmart. We can't even order RWS pellets... shipped to the store even though they sell CPHP in the SAME STORE!
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

karatekid1975

Quote from: OrbeaRider70 on March 07, 2014, 12:22:24 AM
I see you use to work there.  So what did you do there?  Did you build those little gems!!!

I worked in the machine shop. I punched the holes in the tubes. But I did work in assembly for a week  ;)
Laurie

Crosman 2240 pistol
Crosman Quest 1000x rifle
Crosman stock 760 (1972) pump master
RWS 34 Diana rifle
Former Crosman employee ;)