• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman factory

Started by Squallywally, March 03, 2014, 03:42:35 PM

Squallywally

Quote from: vertguy on March 07, 2014, 03:44:49 AM
Wow... I did not realize you had it so bad in IL. Thankfully the state to your north is unrestricted. What part of IL as I am just east of Lake Geneva?

I live in Champaign County.

It's really not that bad in the state, it's just the sellers like Walmart, Crosman, Sport-Woot, and others don't want to bother with figuring out who they can sell/ship to. They can't ship to Chicago or Morton Grove so they just exclude the entire state. I have sent emails, posted on their blog, Facebook etc to no avail.

Squallywally

Quote from: BillK on March 07, 2014, 07:23:51 AM
MI says any air gun under 30" length is considered a "firearm".  Crosman just doesn't ship anything to MI.  So I have ordered from the custom shop, paid for the gun and had it shipped to a friend in IN.  He then sends it to me.  PIA but, "a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do."

Definately a PITA to do it that way. MY cousin of course is a little Leary about doing it. I get the "If it's not illegal then why do you need me to do it?" She is definately uncomfortable about it. I haven't had her do it yet because she is so uncomfortable.

Fortunately Crosman DOES ship me parts!  It would be nice if they would ship me the gun disassembled and then it would be parts. I understand the problems that brings though.

bgmcgee

I hear ya wally. I have the same problem here in California.  There are only a few counties or ciries that have restrictions but some retailers refuse to ship to the entire state. 
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Tater

Quote from: Squallywally on March 08, 2014, 02:12:45 AM
I live in Champaign County.

I'm sorry to hear that.   :o

Just kidding.   ;D
I'd rather live where you are then in the Chicago area burbs.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Squallywally

Quote from: Tater on March 08, 2014, 11:47:40 AM
I'm sorry to hear that.   :o

Just kidding.   ;D
I'd rather live where you are then in the Chicago area burbs.

Hey Tater, actually Chicago and the burbs have a lot to offer. I enjoy visiting up there often. I live in a small community that has an ordinace against shooting airguns within city limits. So I have those restrictions to deal with as well even though our neighbor hood is in the middle of a corn field. I have only lived here a short while, my goal is to get to know a farmer in the area that won't mind me shooting on his property.

Tater

Cool. I hope you get a new permission.
Maybe approach him offering pest removal (pigeons, rats, squirrels...).

Sorry to derail the thread.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs