• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

PELLET PEN??

Started by mudduck48, March 08, 2014, 11:39:04 PM

mudduck48

My son bought me a pellet pen for Christmas. I was wondering what am I going to do with a pellet pen and then it came to me while I was thinking about my 357. I tried it and it works great for loading those darn small pellets into the cylinder on the 357. 
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

BillK

So, who loads the pellet pen? ;D
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

mudduck48

Quote from: BillK on March 09, 2014, 12:34:28 AM
So, who loads the pellet pen? ;D
I knew someone would ask that. For me, it is easier to put those small pellets in the pen than it is to try to get them in the small hole of the cylinder. And the pen holds 20 pellets. I don't know, it just seamed like a good idea to me. 8) 

quickster47 †

I've had one for awhile but never found a good use for it.  But now that ou mention the 357... Hmmm...

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

bgmcgee

Good idea Duck.  Like Carl, I've got one that I don't use either. Tried it with the break batrels and just found it as much a hassle to load the pen as it was just using my fingers.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

breakfastchef

I like to touch my lead, but, as a loader for a circular clip...cool re-purposing of a pellet pen.
Larry

targettgii

That's a real good idea Duck. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

mudduck48

Flex

I bought one of these a year or so ago thinking that it would help with the loading of my Crosman Fury springer. I guess the best I can say is that it doesn't make it harder to load :P. It's pretty much useless for loading my air guns with a fixed barrel. One thing for sure is that it is WAY overpriced! It is a extremely simple design. It's merely a length of plastic tube with a short piece of soft "rubber-like" tubing at one end and a plunger stuck in the other. A fifth-grader could have "invented" it. I had some sort of notion that it functioned like a mechanical pencil where clicking a button at the top would one by one, push pellets out the bottom. When you load the tube with pellets, the plunger sticks out of the top of the "pen" a distance equal to the stack height of the pellets. I think I paid ~$6 or $7 for mine. What a waste of money :-[. Since you received yours as a gift AND have actually found a practical use for it, I guess you're one of the lucky ones. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

mudduck48

Korak

The one thing I find that the PP is good for. Keeping a few pellets handy for a grab and go.
I live in the boondocks and on occasion there is a critter that needs attention on short notice. I can just grab a gun and a pen. I don't have to try to fish a pellet or two out of a tin while in a hurry.

DavidS

I see no use for a pellet pen with my Air Pistols and Air Rifles.   If it was a clicker that fed one pellet at a time then I could see it as useful for loading my Crosman 101, though as it is not I can see no good use for it.

I am glad that some people find good use for it though.

For keeping pellets handy I just keep a few in holes in a piece of leather that I keep wrapped around my main pocket knife sheath.

The ones I will grab if I need to go in a hurry (ie tornado flies through town, or similar):
Crosman 101 (My Original).
Crosman 140 (Sears 126-19300).
Crosman 2289.
Daisy 953.
Crosman 1322.
Crosman 1389.

DaveB50

Would love to see one that loads the pellets horizontally, so I could use them on fixed barrel guns, especially in .177 caliber.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

Seajac

Quote from: mudduck48 on March 09, 2014, 12:46:08 AM
I knew someone would ask that. For me, it is easier to put those small pellets in the pen than it is to try to get them in the small hole of the cylinder. And the pen holds 20 pellets. I don't know, it just seamed like a good idea to me. 8)

I do, I find it easier to load my 2300KT.  The pellet doesn't get turned around in the throat or slip out of my fat little fingers trying to insert it correctly.  For me iit is a great tool...

ejackyou

They're even better for BBs, just dab it on BBs in a pellet tin, easily picks up, usually 16, then just
feed them into magazine.
Only Pistols! Springers, Pneumatics, C02, Vintage