• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

So many choices?????

Started by Gary-Ky, March 26, 2014, 08:28:31 PM

Gary-Ky

Hi all. Haven't been on this forum long as I never had a 22xx or 13xx pistol before. I found this forum when a close friend of mine passed and I ended up with his CCS 2300 pistol. Never thought much about the pistols till I started shooting this thing on bird feeder patrol. Turns out I didn't know what I had been missing. These are great for the close in shots that until now I wouldn't take with my rifles.
Now I've started tweaking it a little after reading things on here and other forums and just seeing what can be done with it and still keep it a pistol.
I started by running it over the chrony to get a base to start from now I'm gonna go from there. Baseline #s were 440 fps over 36 shots. could have gotten a few more shots but I like for my shots to stay as close together as possible.
Step 2 was making a hammer spring adjuster by drilling and tapping my end cap. I cranked it in till it wouldn't cock then backed it off till it would. I put co2 in and shot it over the chronograph and my fps went to 473 and a heck of a cloud of co2 out the end of the barrel. This wasn't a good thing so I started backing off the adjuster until The cloud wasn't to bad and the fps started to drop then stopped there. I settled on an average of 465 I think with still some co2 waste but nothing I can't live with. My shot count is down to about 25 usable (for me) shots. It's a compromise I know so I'm trying to figure out where to go from here.
These are fun little guns and I see I'm just limited by my imagination.
Enough of my rambling. Thanks for listening and have a good one..................Gary

KevinP

Gary , you are  on the right path ...... it will never stop ...   :)   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York