• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

crosman **xx trigger frame sideplate. what gives?! #@!*

Started by MavStone, April 04, 2014, 09:43:24 PM

MavStone

I was just having a look at one of my stock 2240s and I notice that the trigger frame's side plate was made of plastic. (what the he!!..?)
I couldn't believe what I saw, so I  decided to have a look a one of my brand new custom shop 2240s and also a 2250 to see what they put on them.

Sure as *******..... "plastic!!"

"#@!* you Crosman!"

I paying for "custom shop" wonder gun and I get it with degraded 2240 trigger frame....

I don't know what else to say!......   

*pshhhh... plastic!*
---- Keepin' it simple ----
Accuracy - Power - Styling

bgmcgee

They have been like that for a little while now. It really doesn't bother me that much as the plate seems to fit well and no paint scraping off like the pot metal plate.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Trophyhunter49

My older Crosman's have metal side plates but only 2 scews! The plastic ones have 3 in them, I guess with 3 it would hold up better! I know what you are talking about with the Cutom Shop guns,for what they cost I would want a metal side plate too with 3 screws in it. But you know everybody is trying to save money an man.cost but they done really pass it on, RITE !!!! ??? ???

arkmaker †

I felt the same way as you when they first came out with the plastic side plate, but in reality, they fit much better. I'm now used to them.  ???
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

MavStone

I agree that it's a nice fit..... but, it's still more plastic then I would like to see.

Is there anybody here that has drawn it up in cad... I sure would like to have a go at machining a few of them.

I can see a freebie part in somebody's future!!    ;)

bgmcgee

Go for it . Might be interested in getting one if it fits right .
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

MavStone

Quote from: bgmcgee on April 05, 2014, 03:20:51 AM
Go for it . Might be interested in getting one if it fits right .

I'll need a dxf file to work with... the part will fit as well and accurate as it's drawn.

fasteddy

I don't see the negative with plastic unless its a part that ends up breaking.  Otherwise, it is lighter and less expensive.  I can't stand when a company swaps in plastic for a load bearing or moving part, though... but for an innocuous, hidden, flat, nonmoving part... whatever!

crossliner

MavStone

arkmaker †

Quote from: crossliner on April 05, 2014, 12:57:04 PM
An alum version is available in Canada  :-*

http://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic59806.html

That gentleman sure did a nice job on those covers!  :-*   Now that is one of the last hold out of plastic parts to be attacked and conquered. 
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

MavStone

Quote from: fasteddy on April 05, 2014, 06:01:40 AM
I don't see the negative with plastic unless its a part that ends up breaking.  Otherwise, it is lighter and less expensive.  I can't stand when a company swaps in plastic for a load bearing or moving part, though... but for an innocuous, hidden, flat, nonmoving part... whatever!

My simple answer as to why I'm not please with the plastic cover plate, is for the same reason we buy shiny parts for some of the things we like. (like our toys and sometimes our wifes') "just cause we want them to look all prettied up!..."

fasteddy

Prettied up is good!  But I'm more of a pretty-up-what-you-can-see, but sweep some of the junk under the bed kind of guy!  (In other words, put on some fancy grips and you'll never know the difference!)

:-)

Adam77K

Out of interest, what do folks do with the side plate if they have a polished or nickel plated grip frame?

Trophyhunter49