no roll stamp 2260 tube

Started by airriflenut, May 03, 2014, 06:33:02 AM

airriflenut

Does anyone know of a source/sources to get 22xx, more specifically 2260 main tubes without roll marks that are reasonably priced? I prefer regular steel over a stainless steel, mainly for cost reasons.  I know Cothran has the stainless but it's a bit pricey for me.
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

tinker

Sterling, Look at the a Disco air tube. All the 22XX parts should bolt on.  I have a used gauge block that you can have that's been bored to 5/16" rather than the stock 1/8" hole. 
  Awe heck, just get the air tube, fill assembly, valve and be done with it. :-*
1761-001 tube
1761-100 valve assy
1761-101 fill adapter assy

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

airriflenut

Thanks Glen!!  Do you have the gauge as well?  I will be calling Crosman for pricing on these Disco parts plus a few other I need that have been "borrowed" from my wifes 2400KT in the name of the Beast.

I really do need to get her mod built, painted and all prettied up for so we can shoot together.  I will be making a custom buttstock for it and still have it be a light enjoyable carbine to shoot.  I am leaning towards surfboard foam from McMaster.  Shape it, glass it, smooth it and paint it with the graphics she chose...it will be a shadoe effect image,the tube of the LDC will be adorned in similar fashion.
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

tinker

I'll have to take a look see what I have in the parts drawer and let you know.  Might have an old Disco gauge in the drawer somewhere.

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!