• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Recommendation of a flat top piston/valve install video/webpage

Started by Tater, June 21, 2014, 10:33:35 AM

Tater

I've searched this site, but can't find a detailed walk-through of an install for a noob. I'm hoping to make my first installation attempt and was looking for a good video/webpage that shows it step by step along which lubes to use. Anyone know of a good one? I know I've seen them somewhere.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Baltim0re28

This isn't a video but AC wrote this up last year when he got back into making/selling parts again. Hope this helps! It's actually alot easier than it seems. I was a little hesitant at first but jumped in and was surprised at how easy it was.

http://accustomparts.blogspot.com/2013/05/installing-flat-top-piston-and-valve.html?m=1
James.

breakfastchef

Larry

Tater

Thanks guys! Those links are perfect and I have the Crosshairs video bookmarked (great video). I think I'll be able to do this but I don't have Mac 1 secret sauce. Is there an alternative I could use?
Also, I'm not sure about the "checking the alignment of the air port" in the A.C. blog but that will probably be easy to figure out once it's torn down.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

breakfastchef

Automatic transmission fluid or 10-30W motor oil should be fine alternatives.

Aligning the exhaust port with the hole in the tube is easy. Put an allen key or drill bit in the exhaust port and rotate it so the port and hole in the tube are aligned. And, yes, this means the valve halves will not be tight.
Larry

Tater

Thanks again Larry, I just bought some 30 weight ND oil after losing my Pelgunoil. Not sure when I'll be able to do this now, going AG shooting/BBQing tomorrow with my wife at a GTA forum members house.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs