• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

1377 first PFT outing

Started by Adam77K, June 24, 2014, 07:14:15 PM

Adam77K

I shot my modded 1377 in competition for the first time on Sunday.

We shoot pistol FT as a sideshoot at rifle FT and HFT comps. Last Sunday it was the NEFTA Hunter HFT at Anston FTC near Sheffield.

The course of fire is only ten shots at lollipop style silhouettes between 5 and 25 yards. These vary in massively in size and shape. I swear some seem the size of aspirins!  This course also had a couple of targets high up in trees.

The pistol is wearing a BSA Edge 2-7x32 long eye relief pistol scope which is optically impressive especially for the price: I paid under £30 a few years ago. It has a nice big sight picture too, due to the massive eyepiece lens, but partly as a consequence, it is heavy on a pistol.

I zero it at ten yards on five pumps with JSB Exact Express 7.9gr, which gives it about 3.5 fpe, more than enough for all except the big silhouettes at the farther ranges, which can prove tricky to knock down unless they get a good whack.  For those I give it 7.  The extra two pumps lift the trajectory too, so no holdover needed for the 25 yd targets.  For close, small targets I often just give it 3 pumps because it just doesn't need more.

So, how did I do?  Pretty well really.  ;)  7/10 which was top score on the day.  Quite a few guys had 6 but nobody else managed 7. 

Most use PCP pistols, and there's a fair selection of Brococks, falcons, plus some PCP match pistols like Steyrs and Feinwerkbaus.  There's usually a couple of Webley Alectos as they're very capable for the price, but I don't think anybody else was using a Crosman. :-*

Monkeydad1969

Quote from: Adam77K on June 24, 2014, 07:14:15 PM
I shot my modded 1377 in competition for the first time on Sunday.

We shoot pistol FT as a sideshoot at rifle FT and HFT comps. Last Sunday it was the NEFTA Hunter HFT at Anston FTC near Sheffield.

The course of fire is only ten shots at lollipop style silhouettes between 5 and 25 yards. These vary in massively in size and shape. I swear some seem the size of aspirins!  This course also had a couple of targets high up in trees.

The pistol is wearing a BSA Edge 2-7x32 long eye relief pistol scope which is optically impressive especially for the price: I paid under £30 a few years ago. It has a nice big sight picture too, due to the massive eyepiece lens, but partly as a consequence, it is heavy on a pistol.

I zero it at ten yards on five pumps with JSB Exact Express 7.9gr, which gives it about 3.5 fpe, more than enough for all except the big silhouettes at the farther ranges, which can prove tricky to knock down unless they get a good whack.  For those I give it 7.  The extra two pumps lift the trajectory too, so no holdover needed for the 25 yd targets.  For close, small targets I often just give it 3 pumps because it just doesn't need more.

So, how did I do?  Pretty well really.  ;)  7/10 which was top score on the day.  Quite a few guys had 6 but nobody else managed 7. 

Most use PCP pistols, and there's a fair selection of Brococks, falcons, plus some PCP match pistols like Steyrs and Feinwerkbaus.  There's usually a couple of Webley Alectos as they're very capable for the price, but I don't think anybody else was using a Crosman. :-*

Great shooting, and way to put to those pricier pcp pistols.
Joe
Aurora, CO.

Tater

Out-shooting PCP's with a 1377 = PRICELESS!!
              Nice shooting.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

ped

I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

BillK

Great shooting.  Sometimes your better off to bet on the rider not the horse. ;)
In this case both were up to the task. :-*
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Adam77K

Quote from: ped on June 24, 2014, 11:45:50 PM
nice one adam
ped

Thanks mate. Your stainless hammer is doing good work!   8)

BDS

Brian

ped

Quote from: Adam77K on June 25, 2014, 06:59:20 PM
Thanks mate. Your stainless hammer is doing good work!   8)
good kit still needs a good shooter
nice to see guns that alot of people dismiss as cheap plinkers out shooting more expensive ones
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Cross Pistol Packer

Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

airriflenut

Impressive shooting!!

I've only shot in one competition and it was YEARS ago.  It was a PCP (Police Combat Pistol) match, most everyone else was shooting 6" bull barrel custom S&W Model 10 with Aristocrat rib sights.  I only had a box-stock S&W Model 586, 4" barrel, factory sights and an action I polished.  Shots were 5-50 yards, close-combat, standing, standing and kneeling barricade and prone at 50 yards.  I managed a 1486 out of a possible 1500!

My eyes, hands and body were much better way back when!!  I've wanted to have a go at FT, maybe I can build an FT worthy rifle some day.
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

WaltWhite

Excellent work!  The 1377 is capable of incredible accuracy.  I have a $2000 custom 1911 and I'm not exactly sure how I feel about my 1377 routinely outshooting it.

Monkeydad1969

Quote from: WaltWhite on July 01, 2014, 08:00:33 AM
Excellent work!  The 1377 is capable of incredible accuracy.  I have a $2000 custom 1911 and I'm not exactly sure how I feel about my 1377 routinely outshooting it.

Lol...
Joe
Aurora, CO.

Adam77K

Second outing tomorrow.  :)
Let's see how it goes.  Early night required as it's a 1.5 hr drive.
I'll just finish this single malt first.  :-\