• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

F1 giving ERR 2 when it powers on.

Started by Monkeydad1969, July 11, 2014, 12:01:45 AM

Monkeydad1969

I am getting the ERR 2 on my F1 when I power it on.  Indoors, outdoors, with the diffusers.  Can anyone help me?

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

Jauvesst

i dont own or know how to operate a f1 chrony but a quick google search said this:
"E) Err 2 shows on screen; the second sensor did not detect the passage of the bullet. Same as above: poor light or poor alignment.

I would start with a new battery."

Monkeydad1969

Quote from: Jauvesst on July 11, 2014, 12:27:13 AM
i dont own or know how to operate a f1 chrony but a quick google search said this:
"E) Err 2 shows on screen; the second sensor did not detect the passage of the bullet. Same as above: poor light or poor alignment.

I would start with a new battery."

I tried a new battery, no fix.  Going to try the puck lights.
Joe
Aurora, CO.

breakfastchef

If you turn the unit on and accidentally wave your hand over the front sensor, it will spit out the ERR 2. You can turn it off and back on to clear it or push and hold the button on the front for @5 seconds and release. Forget the ERR's if the unit is reading your shots.

If you cannot get the chrony to register any shots, it is time to return it for a replacement. You could also email or call Shooting Chrony. Share the outcome of this with us.
Larry

Monkeydad1969

Hey Larry,

Just had to get better lighting.  I will just have to shoot indoors with good lamps.  Thanks.
Joe
Aurora, CO.

agninja

Yea, everyone learns the lighting lesson when it comes to chronys.  They can be a little aggravating sometimes. Particularly if you have to pump your gun 15 times just for it to say "ERR1".

I was using mine today and the first shot read 500 fps higher than it should've, I assume it was adding in the last shot's velocity from two weeks ago or something, which is stupid. Then the next shot it gives me an error. But I just kept shooting and it eventually gave me my accurate readings. They certainly aren't perfect.
Black air pistols matter.

Monkeydad1969

Joe
Aurora, CO.

crossliner

Quote from: agninja on July 11, 2014, 03:29:46 AM
Yea, everyone learns the lighting lesson when it comes to chronys.  They can be a little aggravating sometimes. Particularly if you have to pump your gun 15 times just for it to say "ERR1".

I was using mine today and the first shot read 500 fps higher than it should've, I assume it was adding in the last shot's velocity from two weeks ago or something, which is stupid. Then the next shot it gives me an error. But I just kept shooting and it eventually gave me my accurate readings. They certainly aren't perfect.

My chrony is only there to measure velocities and that's it..I'd rather let some lead fly and get data from the actual group shots..I thought at 1st that consistent shot strings = superb groupings but no it's not..

Here is mine along with an equally cheap 2100..Not worth advertising really

agninja

My favorite are the chrony's that have a bunch of bullet holes in the front of them! :D
Black air pistols matter.

Monkeydad1969

Well, I called Chrony today and spoke to Mark.  After going thru my issues and everything I did, and what he suggested, I went back to Wally World and returned it.  Bad rear sensor.  Since it was a site to store, they can only refund and I have to re-order (wth?).  So now I have to wait for a new one.  The refund won't even hit my card till next Monday.  I say screw it and get a tank... >:(
Joe
Aurora, CO.

arkmaker †

I shot mine in the rear sensor twice last week and now all I get is the ERR message. Funny thing is I made a lexan guard for the front panel and haven't hit that one yet  ;D ;D

May be time for a new unit.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Monkeydad1969

Quote from: arkmaker on July 11, 2014, 10:42:52 PM
I shot mine in the rear sensor twice last week and now all I get is the ERR message. Funny thing is I made a lexan guard for the front panel and haven't hit that one yet  ;D ;D

May be time for a new unit.

;D
Joe
Aurora, CO.

airriflenut

Don't remember how many times it's been shot!!  A few pellets have been sent whistling away from a rod impact.

Since I am making some of my own valve stems, the newest one for the Disco valve, I decided to go ahead and set up the F1 with the light system I made.  Was given ERR1and ERR2 several times but I did manage a few good strings.  My chrony reads best with overcast skies or in full unbroken shade.

Good luck Joe!!
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Monkeydad1969

Quote from: targettgii on July 15, 2014, 05:34:36 AM
Joe this is posted on AA classifieds used .
http://www.airguns.net/classifieds/show_ad.php?adNum=83915&adSort=&StartingAd=0&NumberOfPages=5

I saw that earlier.  Thanks.  Considering getting another Chrony or a different brand altogether.  We'll see.
Joe
Aurora, CO.