• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Scope for a 2289

Started by Blackdog, August 12, 2014, 04:44:17 AM

Blackdog

Flex.  So you would mount that adapter forward on the breech so it wouldn't interfere with loading?  The reason I like the bug buster is it's compact size.  I was thinking a small carbine should have a small scope.  But I understand your point about limited adjustment.  I'll look at some none compacts also.  My gun hasn't arrived yet.  I'd like to get the scope/mounts sorted so I can start shooting ASAP (can you imagine that).
Crosman 2289 Doomsday Backpacker

vertguy

FWIW... I tried a compact Bugbuster on a P-rod and 2400KT and ended up returning it. For me, the eye relief was way too short and I always had to move my head around to get the optics lined up. I went with Hawke (HD 2-7x32) for both guns and for about the same price as a Bug Buster, it worked great.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

Flex

Quote from: Blackdog on August 14, 2014, 04:03:50 PM
Flex.  So you would mount that adapter forward on the breech so it wouldn't interfere with loading?  The reason I like the bug buster is it's compact size.  I was thinking a small carbine should have a small scope.  But I understand your point about limited adjustment.  I'll look at some none compacts also.  My gun hasn't arrived yet.  I'd like to get the scope/mounts sorted so I can start shooting ASAP (can you imagine that).
Well, I would mount it on the forward end of the breech if it was a long eye relief scope BUT I looked on the Pyramid Air site and the specs that are shown there indicate that the eye relief is 3-3.3". You will be hard pressed to be able to mount it FAR ENOUGH TO THE REAR! And the scope will have to span the pellet loading port of the breech. I suppose you could get the Weaver/Picatinny adaptor that I mentioned and mount it on the rear portion of the breech dovetail grooves allowing for a more rearward mount. Still, you would have very little room for adjustment.

Might I suggest that you look for a scope with a long eye relief, like maybe a pistol scope and set it up in a "scout rifle" configuration.
Read as many reviews as possible on your potential selections to find out what worked (and what didn't) for others. good luck!
Flex

PS, I forgot to add "Welcome to CAPOF" and YES you should still hide your wallet ;).
F
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

Blackdog

I contacted Pyramid and ended up getting the Leapers UTG 4x32 AO Rifle Scope, Mil-Dot Reticle, 1/4 MOA, 1" Tube, 3/8"  for $59.  If I don't like it on the 2289 I'll put it on my 760. 

This marks the end of another agonizing decision.

agninja

Here's what my doomsday gun is looking like. It's painted over, but I believe this is the Leapers UTG 4x32 Mil-Dot, which goes for $40 on PA right now. You need to put some 1" high relief  dovetail rings on it though, so you don't interfere with the loading area. Those will run you another $20.

I'm not sure what there is not to like about it. Quality scope, fits the gun, mil dot, accurate, durable. Once assembled and sighted in you're good to go!
Black air pistols matter.

Blackdog

My gun arrived today.  I'm glad I ordered the steel breech and scope as I could never live with the stock sights.  The stock is too short for me, I'll figure out a fix for it.  Also the gun is loud even with 3 pumps, have any of you found/made a suitable muzzle brake?

Agninga.  I like your paint job.  My scope is similar to yours but is the AO version.  I don't know for sure but I think our scopes work better than the compacts as they can be mounted closer to the eye.   My scope was the one recommended by PA. 

So far I have $70 in Gun, $50 for steel breech and $70 for the scope.  That's damn close to $190!  But to ease my pain my last AR15 was $1,700 and the scope was $700!

vertguy

It can definitely add up quick!!

TKO makes a nice LDC...http://www.tko22.com/
PC77
FX Verminator .22

Blackdog

Quote from: vertguy on August 16, 2014, 02:26:44 PM
It can definitely add up quick!!

TKO makes a nice LDC...http://www.tko22.com/

I just ordered it, now I'm at $250!  This has got to stop!

Tater

Quote from: Blackdog on August 16, 2014, 07:02:56 AM
The stock is too short for me, I'll figure out a fix for it. 

There are some really nice, cheap mods posted here that look good too. Some really creative people here, just run a forum search.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

DBOdude

i've got a 4-16 accushot on my DBO/2289 and and i wish i had got a 6-24 . i'm definitely a aim small miss small scope person ! LOL
i never use 4 x and rarely go below 6x and i'd like a little more power when shooting at 27 yards or farther .
Everything isn't for Everybody ......