• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Bolt coming openwhen firing?

Started by Dean, September 13, 2014, 09:38:43 PM

Dean

Hi,
I have a CCS 2400KT.
Lately I have been noticing a "pfft" sound sometimes when it fires.
The noise is coming from the bolt and when I look at the handle is moving up & slightly out of the lock position.
Sometimes it is even rotated enough so the bolt handle is slightly to the rear.
Any advice? ???

breakfastchef

Larry

Dean

OK,
That sounds easy enough.
Thank you BreakfastChef!
Do i need to buy the special crosman o-ring or is there a standard size i can get at the hardware store?
Also, do you have to remove the bolt to change the o-ring?

breakfastchef

.22 caliber o-ring is size 005. I like to use o-rings in the range of 70-90 on the duro hardness scale. You could look up the dimensions of an 005 o-ring on the Web. Kind of doubt that you would find a quality, durable seal like that in a big box store. PM me your address and I will forward some bolt and valve seals to you. It is always a good idea to have some on-hand, particularly if you plan on modding it.
Larry

mudduck48

Breakfastcheft, is right again. I went to 3 big box stores looking for o-rings and the only thing you can find is in the plumbing section. I didn't get the "good" o-rings that he is talking about, but I did get a great assortment at Harbor Freight.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Dean

Thanks for all the great advice guys!
You saved me some heartache because the first place I would have went would have been the plumbing section of the store.
I was not thinking about the hardness of the rubber...

Another problem is:
The only way i can access the small front screw (0.050") is to remove the rear breech screw and take off the tube plug.
This allows me to get the striker back far enough to let the bolt clear the .050" screw.
Did not have this issue with the old style front screw breech on my 2240.

Problem is on reassembly, I want to tighten the large rear breech screw and then snug the .050".
Since i need the bolt back so far to access the .050", once i install the rear breech screw i cannot access the 0.050".
This means you have to tighten the small screw all the way before even starting the rear screw.

Am i doing this wrong?

breakfastchef

Remove the bolt handle. That will allow you to push the bolt back far enough to access the rear breech screw location.To replace the bolt o-ring, it is easier to just take off the top end.
Larry

Dean

BillK

I thought that the .22 bolt O-ring is an 006.  Does the 005 work also?
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

breakfastchef

Quote from: BillK on September 14, 2014, 02:10:05 AM
I thought that the .22 bolt O-ring is an 006.  Does the 005 work also?

I've always used an 005, Bill. In instances like a loose fit in the bore, an 006 is a good solution.
Larry