• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

opinions on the NcStar Pistolero 2-7X32 LER scope , or cheap scope options

Started by DBOdude, November 18, 2014, 05:48:01 PM

arkmaker †

I have the regular 2.5x NCStar Pistol scope. It is a bit heavy for offhand shooting in my opinion, but I do like it. I've had 3 of them over the years and keep buying them if that's any indication. I also have a BSA 2x that I bought here on the CAPOF and really like that on my offhand 1740 shooter. Quite a bit lighter. Someday, I do plan on popping for one of the variable magnification scopes like you are looking at and it will more than likely be the NCStar as it seems to be the most reasonably priced.

Oh, and I hold my pistol at arms length  so the focal distance is about 26" for me with both the BSA and NCStar. I tried them with my stock on and it was a PIA as I had to not rest the stock on my shoulder, but held forward, in order to focus properly. What is the sense of a stock then?  ???  May work Scout mounted though it would be close.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

DBOdude

in trying to find out about these inexpensive pistol scopes i've found there types are very popular on the mosin nagant centerfire rifles , so they should be durable enough for non-recoiling AGs . the NcStars are very popular and now there's a aim sports 2-7x42 that looks interesting , it also has a 30mm tube with mildot reticle . it has a lot of misin fans ..... and of course there posters that preach that anything other than leupold or burris is a waste of money ..... bless them and their deep pockets , hehe .

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank?keywords=aim+sports+2-7x42&qid=1416468247&rh=n%3A3375251%2Ck%3Aaim+sports+2-7x42&sort=price-asc-rank

http://www.amazon.com/Sports-2-7x42-8-5-10-5-Relief-MIL-DOT/dp/B005MR5QK0/ref=sr_1_5?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1416625297&sr=1-5&keywords=aim+sports+2-7x42

i wonder if they would survive the redneck parallax adjustment ?
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

DBOdude

i've committed to a deal on barely used simmons 2-6x32 from a forum member .
thanks for all the comments .

BDS

Brian

DBOdude

yeppers , and y'all are welcome to carry on the conversation if you like .....

arkmaker †

Not a pistol scope, but I received my Sportsman Guide rag yesterday and they have a Leatherwood 4x16x44 sniper scope for 81 bucks. Side focus, but I do not know what it will focus down to.

Anyone have a take on these?
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

DBOdude

in the threads about the mosin nagant LER scopes there were some positive comments about their LER scopes . which model are you looking at ?

http://hi-luxoptics.com/index.php/riflescopes2.html