• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Is there a price increase for CO2 cartridges on the horizon?

Started by Flex, December 01, 2014, 10:59:33 PM

Flex

The price of a 40 count carton of 12g CO2 cartridges at my local WalMart (and every other one I've been to) has been a stable and affordable $19.96 for at least a couple of years now. Ya, I know that if you buy in large bulk quantities and wait for free S&H deals the price can be less but still, $0.50 per cart is pretty good.
I went on-line today in search of some "Cyber Monday" specials at WalMart.com. I entered Crosman as the search parameter and it came back with 17 pages of Crosman related"stuff". To be sure, I think that there are a few bargins in that list. I wanted to see if the CO2 carts were doing anything special. The best price on the 40 count carton was $18.91 (about a 5% discount) form the in-store price. I did notice that they were listing the "WAS" price of $23.64! Surprisingly, they also listed the current in-store offering of $19.96 in the same list but were indicating a "WAS" price of $24.95!
I'm wondering if this is an omen that there will be a price increase in the stores in the very near future? I was at the store today and bought one of the last 2 cartons just to have it and will probably order a "Cyber Monday" special later tonight just to take advantage of the 5% price reduction.
I'd really like to think that the prices will remain stable since there seems to be no reason to raise them other than corporate greed. Fuel costs are falling and wages (in my region) have remained stable. The price shouldn't increase BUT I won't be surprised if it does.
Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

mudduck48

I buy my carts from Red Rock. I get 200 shipped for $80. That is .40 ea and they work fine. If you want them for .32ea. go here.
http://www.redrockminnesota.com/servlet/the-201/Case-of-450-each/Detail
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

BDS

Walmart has some screwed-up pricing policies on line, has nothing to do with co2 carts IMO. Two weeks ago, the Crosman 2100 pumper was $54.95, then $67.95, then $92!  :D >:( ???

I actually emailed Walmart Corporate and they responded with "we reserve the right to change prices"... etc etc. Change by 30% , 40% and more? Really? Much like the RWS Basic .177 pellets that were $4.99 for 500, then $7.99 and now back down to $6.99 and out of stock.

Walmart can be a good bargain on many AGs and pellets but... there is a huge disconnect between the stores and the web pricing and some other issues as well. even the "pick up" in store inventory is hosed up, the Umarex NGX pumper air rifle shows out of stock on line and none available within 50 miles of my home yet, I just left Walmart an hour ago and they had 10 units on the shelf. What!?
Brian

arkmaker †

"Umarex NGX pumper "

The more important question here is did you get one?? Really wondering if all the hype is for real or not?
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

DBOdude

i've seen significant price differences from one hour to the next at wallyworld online . if you're patient and have to time to check on a regular basis there are definitely some sweet deals to be had there . usually their prices are very competitive though .
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

BDS

Quote from: arkmaker on December 03, 2014, 01:28:14 AM
"Umarex NGX pumper "

The more important question here is did you get one?? Really wondering if all the hype is for real or not?

No... not yet anyway! A friend got one and it was somehow defective, discharge was low pressue, pellet would not exit (bent barrel based on shining led light through breech) etc. It may have been a victim of a bad day in assembly at the Gung-How Chy-Wy air rifle plant but... I'm mostly lurking and reading reviews on that Umarex pumper for now. Did get recent GREAT deals on the Winchester 77X and Daisy 880 on Amazon, less than $80 total for both and including an NC Star spotting scope and free shipping.  :-*
Brian

Rex Havoc

I just watch FeeBay for the best deal. Last purchase of 100 cost .264 cents each. Not Crosman but no problems with anything and number of shots per cylinder just about the same, 50 give or take.

arkmaker †

Just cost me $9. to fill a 9oz paintball tank. Last time I filled in Florida was $5. Also, if I got refills at the Army/Navy that was a bit further away, I could have got refills for a buck after buying a "GOT AIR?" sticker for $5. plus the original fill for $5.

Sounds like I've been jacked!! I am pretty sure I am buying a new 20lb tank with a dip tube. Cost will be $119. and the first fill free. If I bought 9oz fills from the only source in town, it would cost me $315. for what the 20lb tank cost. Buying the 20lb tank saves me 200 bucks over time and it looks like the M-rod is going to be burning a lot of Co2 in the coming months
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22